Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Here are some pics from our long and luxuriously school-less Thanksgiving weekend. 

I did a 5K Turkey Trot. 

It was all down hill, thank heavens! And my little cheering squad was at the end.



It was chilly but no rain until after the race!

Mr. Noah is officially 6 months old as of yesterday. I could gobble, gobble him right up!


We bundled our bodies into the car and headed to Starbucks for some post-race hot chocolate.

We spent Thanksgiving dinner with Adam's school friend Jason and his family/in-laws. It was great to meet new people and Sienna even had a little friend named Emmett her age to play with!

No idea what we did Friday, but Saturday we went on a ferry excursion to Vashon Island.

I love the ferry. Never gets old. The wonder of driving onto a boat and having it NOT SINK? Modern day miracle, I tell you.

I was taking a self portrait of me and Mr. Noah and look who creepily showed up in the background.
Vashon is just like all the other islands. Sparse inhabitants with a little town center with a few cute shops and cafes. We stopped at this one where Seattle's Best Coffee apparently got its start. Our bittersweet hot cocoa could have been coffee, it was that bitter. But we liked it. 







We put up our tiny Christmas tree. I don't remember it being so tiny last year. Maybe it's because Sienna was smaller standing next to it. Anyway, we were anxious to get her in on the decorating fun, even turned on the proper tunes, I wore my Santa socks and we gave her the Santa hat to wear. Do you think she cared one whit? No, not one whit. 
 And this kid slept through the whole event! Ungrateful children, I tell you! But get a load of that excellent plaid on the boy!

3 comments:

The Finishing Touch said...

Diane Ware said: Your blogs make me smile all day!

Fig said...

It looks like Adam is going to drop the Bird into the frigid water in that ferry picture. Giving me a panic attack.

You guys are too cute. TOO. CUTE.

Carrie said...

Noah is too cute. I want to see that boy! Sometimes I forget that boy babies exist in the world. It's so foreign to me. It seems like it will be a neverending world of girls girls girls, drama, lipstick, nailpolish, girls.