Tuesday, November 01, 2011

10 Good Things - Dumb Tuesday Edition

Did you know I hate Tuesdays worse than Mondays? At least on Mondays you're coming off the high of the weekend. Tuesdays are neither here nor there. They are just a filler day. To make matters worse, this quarter Adam has a class that ends at 9:30 pm on Tuesdays. At least he doesn't have to leave until 10 am. Which brings me to the positive parts of today!

1. I got to have a shower without children bothering me while Adam was home this morning.

2. I only had the TV on for about 15 minutes total today. For a bit of Today Show. That's pretty much always a good thing.

3. Sun was out all day.

4. Noah only woke up once last night and then slept in until 8 am. Sienna also slept until 8 am. Unprecedented sleep-in sesh for the three of us!

5. I met up with a friend at the park! Always nice to have someone to talk to at the park.

6. I made the hard decision of wearing skinny jeans instead of my usual cargo pants. I figured if I couldn't make it to the gym (boooo - because of all of us sleeping in and Noah not taking a morning nap), I could at least pretend that I had.

7. Spending a long afternoon at Target and McDonald's play place to kill time before bedtime.

8. Buying Noah THE CUTEST warm hat at Target. I can't wait to take pictures of him to show you. Think: old man to the max! I am serious when I say I KNOW my own grandpa had a hat much like this one. Hold on, I think BOTH of my grandpas had hats like this. Warm times ahead!

9. Being thoroughly inspired by the line, "If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them." in 1 Nephi 17:50. Nephi builds a boat; I get up every night with a crying baby. Both VERY intimidating pursuits indeed.

10. Setting a timer to make myself to go to bed early. It just went off.

1 comment:

Fig said...

I would rather build the boat. Just saying. (That's encouragement talk, by the way. What you (we) are doing is effing hard. It's okay to feel really challenged by it.)

Can't WAIT to see the hat.