1. Let's just get this one crappy thing out of the way: we are sleep training Noah. Two nights ago was the #2 worst night of my life. I drove around my neighborhood at 2 am to escape the unceasing crying. And the McDonald's drive-thru wasn't even open! Come on! #1 worst night of my life? When I drove around Irvine/Newport Beach, CA one night at 2 am when we were sleep training Sienna. Sleep training is a whole bag of horribleness. I only 50% believe in it, too, so that kinda makes it worse. Unceasing crying + hopelessness = haggard, tired, psychotic mom.
2. Onto the good! I have Adam. Without him, you don't even want to know. (I was about to finish that sentence, but then just put a period on the end. Because you just don't. Want. To. Know. See #1: I'm off my rocker.) Did I mention today was his second Snow Day? Yay for school closures! Tomorrow will probably be his third!
3. It has been snowing up a storm here! Have you seen Seattle on the national news? If anyone uses the words "snowmageddon" or "snowpoclypse" again, Adam and I will throw a snowball at you.
4. I went driving in the snow this morning and did not die. You think Seattleites are all wussy-sauce when it comes to snow ... and then you understand why. No plows + hills = BAD IDEA! I was bound and determined to get to the gym and actually did get there, but couldn't make it up the final ascent into the parking lot! So I turned around (more like slid around) and came back home! It was funny and frustrating, but as I was sliding backward out of the LA Fitness parking lot all I could think was, "What in the $#*@*?7@ am I doing out here? Get home, get home, get home!"
5. So I went for a run outside. It was glorious. This is day 4 in a row of glorious, outdoor morning runs. I forgot how just 30 minutes of outside running equals a major shot of happiness. Seriously. Does wonders. Even if it's snowing and you have to run in the middle of the road in a car track and you're slipping and sliding and wearing two layers of Spandex pants (one of which is your husband's) plus leg warmers and a parka and two layers under that and a scarf and a hat and gloves. Love it!
6. During the kids' naptime, I trekked to the store with boots and backpack (because driving is just not an option, remember?)! Reminded me of my days in Washington D.C. ... not really the snow, but the walking to the store with an empty backpack and hardly being able to get everything back home because you grossly underestimated how much you could carry for how long.
7. I made S'mores in a Pan tonight. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Adam cleaned the kitchen and the chicken tonight. No one likes either of those jobs! Good husband!
9. I was doing some extra shrill baby talk with Noah and Adam said I should probably tone it down. So what did I do? I turned it way up!
10. We were doing some good old fashioned family dancing to either ABBA or Whitney Houston, can't remember which, and someone outside our window waved at us. Adam sat down on the couch. And I kept a goin'! What'd I tell ya? Turning it up! Not toning it down!
2 comments:
DIane (aka mom-in-law)...Martha you make me SMILE! Love the snow stories...nothing like LOTS of unexpected time with the fam. (Denver style is 2-3+ feet of snow, but the effect is the same.) I want to see video of the dance...glad to read #2 and I totally agree with #5!
Sleep training is the worst! so sorry. As we already know, having 2 kids totally kicked my trash but now it is AWESOME! so hang in there. it will get worse but then it will get way better.
Post a Comment