Saturday, October 29, 2011

You Will Be Dumber After Reading This

*Sometimes I check my People.com app first thing in the morning. Hey! I need some juice to replenish my juice ... the juice my son is always drinking. First thing in the morning.

*Speaking of first thing in the morning, this is what you'll see if you come to our house first thing in the morning. Blue bathrobe with white snowflakes! Make that ALL morning. It's comfy! Don't judge.


*I am in the bathroom typing this right now. The bathroom is the only room in the house that is not occupied by sleeping people. How nice am I? My other options are the garage or the car. Did you know I've considered banishing one of my children to the car while I soothed the other one to sleep?

*Brian Williams' eyebrows are at times compassionate and at other times condescending. I think they are the key to his success.

*Coldplay has a formula. It was pointed out to me by Adam which has kind of ruined the band for me. But he's right. "Feels like para para paradise" was in my head in no time flat. They need a new sound, so says Adam. He should become their new band manager.

*I have now moved to my bedroom to type. Noah woke up literally the minute after Sienna stopped making noise in her room. So now we are hanging out in my room. Me and my Mr. Noah. He is getting so cute. Did you know he's always been a tummy sleeper? He'll be crawling in no time because of it.

*Kim Kardashian ... just who is she? Well, when I get obsessed with a celebrity, I read their entire Wiki article. So now, unfortunately, I can tell you. She's a lot of everything but most of all she's just annoying. I saw her on Ellen recently and her husband seemed so nice that I felt sorry for him. She seems like a self-absorbed snot. He also looks like a dude my cousin used to date. And what about that height difference? How does THAT work?

*I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting this morning. And then ate four for lunch. No regrets!

*Beyonce. She is something else. "Beyonce" really is synonymous with "super star." I've watched Love on Top and Best Thing I Never Had on YouTube about a million times each and I really am agog at her confidence and talent. Especially when that confidence is displayed in clothes that you are positive she is about to fall out of at any second. That wedding dress! Those boobs! She kept them in, though. How? you ask. Because she's Beyonce, that's how!

*Sometimes motherhood makes me just angry. And sometimes I don't want it to end. It is a sentiment I have expressed before but is summarized so perfectly in this blog post. Isn't that so perfect? Love the last line ... the culprit is the cure. Amazing and maddening stuff, this mothering business.

*Last week was our book club's first meeting. The book club that I started. Boom. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Just ladies talking about books and all the answers to all the questions in the world. Girl power!

*Buying the right make up is impossible. How much money do cosmetic companies make just on the crap that ends up sitting in our drawers? And how many times do you buy some lip stick or eye shadow thinking THIS is the product I've been looking for ... the one that's going to change everything?! Like, turn you Beyonce pretty much. Well yesterday, it must be noted, I bought a bronzer and lip stain that I used today, and I actually like it! It's a miracle, I tell you.

*Can you believe the Feminist Mormon Housewives had a meet up recently in Seattle and I missed it? They even met at one of my favorite dessert shops evuh! I sure hope there is a next time!

May blog posts like this nevuh have a next time. Psych!

Mr. Noah and I will now go on a walk without the other two sleepy heads!

Bye.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Love all the blog post lately. I too go into the bathroom just to have a moment of peace lol and I seriously would kill for a pumpkin cinnamon roll. What's the recipe?

Taylor said...

The book club was awesome. and I, too, was sad to miss the FMH meet up.