
I am in the funkiest funk going into the new week, so I need to get my gratitude journal on before it's too late.
Here goes. 10 Good Things about this weekend.
1. Friday night we went to Adam's school Halloween party. We dressed up as the Blues Brothers, Noah was a banana and Sienna was a bee. It was fun. In some ways.
2. Saturday morning I went for a jog in the spray/mist/rain. It felt really good.
3. Saturday evening we went to an "autumn open house" that a couple in the ward invited us to at their house. Lots of delicious homemade soups and root beer from glass bottles. And Sienna sticking their black and orange jelly beans in the decorative haunted house. Sorry. (They are due with their first child soon, so I figured she was doing them a favor by leaving sticky surprises.)
4. After putting the kids to bed (unsuccessfully), our friend came over to babysit while Adam and I got out for a little date for our half anniversary. I think it's more romantic to celebrate our wedding in the autumn months, so that is the reason for the half anniversary celebration. We went to a book store and talked. It was lovely. We returned home to two still awake children. Good part: once they did fall asleep, they both had great nights and even slept in a bit.
5. This morning I got up with Noah at 6:30 (yes, that is his "sleep in" wake up time) and watched two conference talks and caught up on some Mormonish news around the web that is not worth linking to. That Maureen Dowd can be such a poo-face. Also, if you care at all about Mormon NFL wives, don't go look at Deseret News. Snoring.
6. I wore a sexy librarian outfit to church today. Rave reviews from Adam.
7. This outfit included these new shoes from Target. I've never worn anything like them but the minute I saw them, I knew I needed them.
8. I wore red lipstick. More where that came from! Entire month of December, here we come! Except: how not to make it go pink?
9. We had two new/newlywed couples from the ward over for dinner this evening. And realized even though it is tiresome to only talk about kids to couples with kids, it is more tiresome to find something in common with people whose lives revolve around work and hanging out. But I'm not jealous. NO I AM NOT.
10. Did my visiting teaching today. Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment