Monday, October 17, 2011

10 Good Things

Welcome to my new nightly therapy session aka gratitude journal that helps me see the forest through the trees. Or is it the trees through the forest? Whatever that saying is.

Here are the 10 things that I was grateful for today:

1. A clear, sunny day.

2. Running my guts out on the treadmill. You could almost see smoke, I was burning that mom-angst right off.

3. A delicious leftover lunch of roasted pork loin, fennel and garlic plus broccoli. No mac and cheese today! Only gourmet! Plus a huge chunk of leftover chocolate cake.

4. Finding an old flame's blog. Which is mostly weird, but it did make me happy to see he's happily married after a divorce.

5. Getting a message on FB from an old DC flatmate. Memories!

6. Going to the park at dusk. And even feeling chatty at the park! Check me out all chatting with the other moms and dads. Usually I'm the anti-social park mom.

7. Seeing (really good) tight rope walkers at the park. Seattle weirdness never gets old.

8. Watching Beyonce's Love On Top music video. I think I figured it out. The clothing starts out 80s, then with each key change it reverses a decade going from 80s to 70s to 60s and ending at 50s. Am I right?

9. Kind of being obsessed with The Killers now that Brandon Flowers is all "I'm a Mormon." And watching his videos that aren't so "I'm a Mormon." But whatever. Claim it if you want.

10. Noah is giggling more and more! And also has a brand new deep rumbling grunt. It is excellent.

No comments: