Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 Good Things

Today 10 excellent things that happened were:

1. The morning was sunny and clear and the afternoon was gloomy. It was quite nice to have a little switch, plus when the sky gets darker I swear the kids nap better. That was the case today for sure!

2. A blog post I am quite proud of about decorating around a TV.

3. I took a silent stance not to get out of bed this morning unless the house was on fire. Luckily Adam was around until 8 am to let me do so. Also luckily: Adam came home at 6 tonight! 6! Dreamy!

4. I had a breakfast burrito and PW's sour cream pancakes for dinner.

5. Sienna's appetite is up these days. I am always glad when this happens.

6. Noah laughed harder than I've ever seen him laugh today. It was after his morning nap, he was watching Sienna jump on my bed. He was cracking his head off. Loved it.

7. I'm so tired of putting Noah to bed late, so after I nursed him to sleep at 7 pm and him waking up and freaking out the moment I put him in his crib, I decided to let him cry it out. It only lasted 40 minutes! He's definitely cried longer than that before. So I'm going to try the 7 pm bedtime again tomorrow and let him cry again. I'm not getting my hopes too high because sleep training has let me down me a thousand times before, but for tonight, this is a victory.

8. Taking the covers off the couch cushions and taking them down the street to be washed in a front end load washer. In all the years we've had our couch (5) I have not done that. A victory in better housekeeping today!

9. Also, I mopped the floor.

10. Adam's letting me wear his extra snuggly grey socks lately. And I am warm because of them.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I applaud and admire your gratitude-ness. Also so fun to see your kiddos - they are so big.