Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 Good Things

Maybe this will become a daily thing ... it really helped me to write all that down last night. Focusing on all that positive made less room in my brain for focusing on the negative. So, welcome to my public therapy sessions. (I don't blame you if you skip these over entirely.)

Here's today's list of 10 good things that came to pass on this Sabbath day:

1. We had the bishop and his wife and daughter over for dinner and it was delightful! Who knew the bishop was just a normal guy? They are really funny and their daughter and Sienna played pretty well together, too.

2. The pork tenderloin I cooked didn't turn tough! Yay. Cooking in my oven is a continual guessing game, so it's usually a miracle if things turn out the way they are supposed to.

3. I wore my 3+ inch (which make me feel 100 feet tall) high heels to church for the second time and decided, yes, they must go on eBay. I gave them a shot. And they hurt like the dickens. Goodbye ridiculous but very cute shoes.

4. The weather turns cold and out comes my grey/black wardrobe. And for some reason that makes me happy.

5. I ate 2 big pieces of Jen's (bishop's wife) chocolate cake.

6. Adam took wiggly Mr. Noah for all of Sunday School and I enjoyed an excellent lesson from the book of Hebrews.

7. Mr. Noah went to bed at 8:15 pm! Lately I cannot read him, but tonight, I discovered patting on the back WHILE nursing was the trick. He's a crazy li'l sucker.

8. I cleaned the kitchen tonight in ALMOST 7 minutes. I set the timer. Someday I'd like to write a book called "7 Minutes for Highly Effective Cleaning." But apparently I need to hone my craft first.

9. I have a goal to be in bed by 9:30 pm.

10. I'm ending the day with this conference talk. And NOT going on Facebook, aka the black hole.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Haha! Nursing a little sucker. That's funny.