Blue skies and cathedrals. That about sums up almost every day of our Italy trip. This day the sky and church were in Siena.
Noah was avoiding family pictures, but we got him into this one somehow.
Sienna took a blurry one of us with my phone.
And one more of the tower because I love the black and white stripes so much.
We didn't go inside any of these buildings but we sure enjoyed the heck out of the outside. Adam's mom requested at least one photo in the square of Sienna and her daddy. Adam was a missionary in this square 15 years ago! He said this is where he really caught hold of the Italian language, and because of that, he learned to pronounce the c's as h's, which is the Tuscan dialect. When he was transferred to other areas he had to unlearn that because he sounded like a boy from the country. He remembers meeting only locals in this square. Nowadays, the place is overrun by tourists and you'd be hard pressed to find a local.
And finally, John and Krista. We spent maybe an hour sitting on the piazza. It's the perfect place for settin'. It's clam shaped and slanted toward Palazzo Pubblico (that orange/brown building) and you pretty much want to stay there as long as possible.
Adam and I took turns having foot races down the ramp and back with the kids. They were going a bit nutty and needed something to do. They also entertained themselves taking pictures of each other with my phone.
Krista and I bought some of the regional specialty cookies, ricciarelli, and passed them around. They were sooooooo good. Soft almond cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar. I must find a recipe and make them ASAP! We all talked about them the rest of the trip. As the kids neared explosion, we sprung for gelato. #asyoudo
Then we all separated so the kids didn't strangle each other and took walks wherever we wanted. Sienna and I found some quaint back streets.
I bought the kids these dumb little fuzzy keychains. Sienna named hers Fly Flufferton (I think with the help of John) and Noah named his Hedgehog Ware (I think all on his own). These two crack me up! They were good sports going from town to town and square to square, but having something to hold made it a even more bearable.
And down we go to the cars. That's a wrap, Siena!
No comments:
Post a Comment