All hail the delightful, ancient, crumbling, brown town of San Gimignano! What a great place to stop for four nights to "rest." Hahahah. Rest! We wished. These pictures cover the span of that stay, but for two of those days we did day trips to Siena and Florence, so stay tuned for those.
We stayed in a farm house 10 minutes outside of the town square called Agritourismo Raccianello. Agritourismo means it's a working farm for tourists; in the summer time they do wine tasting and cooking classes and activities, but we came too soon for all that. We didn't mind. Having the place all to ourselves was perfect.Adam rented bikes for himself, John and Krista. They went on a 15-miler the first day.
Adam went alone the next few days on much longer rides, his longest being a 70-miler to and from Siena.
It was wonderful to let the kids run free on the property.
Haha, or play games on my phone...
We basked in the amazing sunlight.
During the daytime, San Gimignano's square - Piazza della Cisterna - was bustling with tourists but by nightfall they'd all gone, and we had the place to ourselves. It was sooooooo nice to eat dinner at quiet restaurants, sometimes even outside on the patio.
Gelateria Dondoli is known for having won the Gelato World Cup at one point, so we enjoyed that perk. Too bad by then I was hitting the wall with my gelato intake and by the time we left I couldn't even eat it anymore. #italyproblems
Krista and I went shopping one afternoon in SG. This was a shop full of beautiful wooden things.Krista found the shoes of her dreams, black oxfords. A classic shoe! A beautiful choice.
The man gave her "sexy socks" to try them on with and I documented it, as you see here.
The shoes of my dreams were on clearance and not in my size. Sad times.
A simple picnic under the pergola was a welcome change from restaurant food. The weather could not have been more perfect on this trip. I didn't take it for granted because I knew what was waiting back in Luxembourg (rain and chill).
THE LIFE. #sg4ever
No comments:
Post a Comment