Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What Baby's Middle Name will NOT Be...

Naming a baby boy! UGH! I have hated everything about trying to name this little guy. Adam has had a stronger opinion on the name choosing this time around. "My firstborn son! He's my firstborn SON!" For a long time he was stuck on Lucca and I was stuck on Roman. Neither of us was budging. So, we thought, maybe it's not either of those names. Keep thinking. He said, "Well, I've always liked the name Noah a lot." I said, "I have, too. Except I scratched it off my list when it got to trendy." (In 2009 and 2010 it was on the top 10 list of popular baby names according to the Social Security Administration.) I thought about it for a few days and decided it was dumb to worry about what's trendy. Boy names are too hard to choose, I can't worry about trends. We just need to find ONE name we both like and can agree on and go with it. So, that's what we're planning so far. Noah. Noah Ware. No Aware. I really like it. Adam really likes it. So, there you have it: Noah Ware. Fun fact: when I met and started dating Adam I thought he looked a lot like the actor Noah Wyle who, at the time, was in his heyday on ER. Go click on that link. He does, right? I guess the theme with our kids is naming them after actors (you know, Sienna Miller?)

NEXT: A middle name! UGH! I told Adam to come up with something, but I didn't like his one and only choice. So here are the ones I gave to him for consideration:

Noah Truman Ware (My top choice; it reminds me of old people from my ward growing up, which is fine for some reason, even a plus because they were so nice; it reminds Adam of stuffy Ivy league, crew cut, sweater wearing tools. Okay then. NOT Truman.)
Noah Roman Ware (Thought maybe I could squeeze my first name into second place? Nope.)
Noah Charlie Ware (Charlie could be cute or it could be a dog.)
Noah Lucas Ware
Noah Wyatt Ware
Noah Remi Ware
Noah Judas Ware (Adam never got on board with Judas! Can you believe it?)
Noah Sage Ware
Noah Sutton Ware
Noah Pierce Ware
Noah Jonas Ware
Noah KC Ware (Adam's dad.)
Noah John Ware (My dad.)
Noah Phinney Ware (A street and neighborhood in Seattle that I like a lot.)
Noah Jack Ware (Jack could be cute or it could be a dog.)
Noah Seth Ware (What? I can't use ex-boyfriend names??)
Noah Beckett Ware
Noah Steele Ware
Noah Marcus Ware
Noah George Ware
Noah Ranger Ware (I only went on ONE date with a Ranger... so, that's okay, right?)

Well, I have not gotten my way so far. I think we're going with Adam's top choice. Or, maybe one of my choices that is not listed. We are thinking it over still. You'll just have to wait until baby boy gets here to find out what we chose! He is due on Monday but showing no signs of coming. I have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions for the past few months, so nothing new there. He has dropped and his head is resting RIGHT on my bladder. Otherwise, I'd say I'm feeling TOO good to be having a baby soon. I did dream last night that I pushed this baby out with the knowledge that it was Adam's and some ex-girlfriend's baby. I was about to give it up for adoption to that dumb, young couple on Parks & Recreation. But when the guy took it and said something like, "Dude, awesome, we have a baby!" I took it right back and decided to raise the baby myself, even though I would be forever reminded of Adam's ex-girlfriend. I woke up before he told me which girlfriend it was. At least I'm dreaming that it's getting closer! I just hope it doesn't turn out to be someone else'e baby!

7 comments:

Shanna said...

I know what u r going through. We had the name Trey picked out for awhile but changed his middle name at the last min. Go with your gut and what feels right. Good luck with everything. I'll be thinking of u!!!

Inez Valentina said...

LOVE the first name choice! Noah Ware. It's perfect.

Also, that dream/last sentence reminds me of when you were pregnant with Sienna and Kenny Loggins pointed at your belly and said, "That better be a baby in there."

Fig said...

That is an awesome pregnancy dream.

Fig said...

We can call him Nowhere for short!

The Finishing Touch said...

Diane Ware said: My favorite is still Noah Hullinger Ware....but since it wasn't on the list, Noah John Ware is also awesome.

katherine said...

That's what we're using too! We're doing Royal for the middle name though. I'm not due until 9 more weeks--so excited for you guys!

Neoma said...

You're due Monday? I think that snuck up on me. Very exciting! I'm praying for you (somehow I pray harder for expectant mommies when my own labor is still fresh in my mind).