Sunday, May 22, 2011

Diversions

The final weeks of waiting for a baby to arrive can be torturous. My old friend, Merrilee, came to town last weekend and took my brain out of the waiting game for awhile. Now I need some new diversions this week....

Saturday we met up with Ben and Merrilee and their little guy, Eli, at Pike Place Market. I always love an excuse to go there.

Here's Merrilee, Eli and Ben. They had a similar surprise as us when they had Eli: just WHO does he look like? Not the parents. :)

Birdie still struggles with loud laughter and big crowds. She starts each overwhelming social engagement with a good cry. Here she is on daddy's shoulders getting her cry out.

Adam bought some fresh salmon from the fishmonger (I just like that word). Yum!

Birdie wants UP. She does not think she can use her legs these days. ANNOYING.

She is OB-SESSSSSSED with puddles and any drains with puddles under them. We have to stop and examine every one.


Sewer drain heaven!
This day was jacket weather! It was amazing. I can handle gloom, I think, if I only have to wear a jacket.

Birdie LOooOOOOooOoooves her daddy. Obvious much?


Earlier in the week I met up with Merrilee on Vashon Island where she was staying most of the time while visiting with her in-laws. What a fun adventure for Sienna and me. We took the ferry over (after I got lost for a good hour driving around Seattle/construction trying to locate the right ferry port) and drove to the bottom of the island to the area where they were staying called Tahlequah. They were in a fun, eclectic little beach house. We went on a little excursion to Point Robinson where there was a beach and lighthouse.

The day was GORGEOUS! Jackets even came OFF! And so did Sienna's clothes...











Ah, what a great day! It was so exhausting to keep the Bird from drowning as well as tote her all over the rocks but it was just what I needed to get out of the house and do something different for the day.

And another diversion: pretending my belly is a shelf for holding things and eating from. Fruit snacks, chocolate truffles, water bottles, phones. I do not take for granted this very handy aspect of being impregnated.

It is not enough of a perk to wish impregnation forever.

But for now, I am pleased.


1 comment:

madrilenamer said...

That was such a fun trip!! I'm so glad I got to see you and get to know Sienna a bit more!! Wasn't Vashon just the best?!! Fun FUN! We are definitely coming that way again!!