Regrets re: Christmastime…
*I regret listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. It made me sick of it by December 18.
*I regret getting my Christmas shopping done early because I was really twiddling my thumbs that last week.
*I regret trying to fly to Denver on Christmas Eve because it meant a cancelled flight; calling three friends to get us to the airport, home from the airport, and back to the airport all in one day; a McDonald’s cheeseburger for dinner; and worst of all, seeing all the people stranded in the airport for the night as I was deplaning to go enjoy the remaining 30 minutes of the Eve in a warm home with family.*I regret not putting Jesus in my Christmas newsletter. It haunts me. Who doesn't at least add one sentence about how happy they are to have Christ in their life? Huh? WHO? Must be symbolic or something…
*I regret using the word "crap" in my holiday newsletter. No refined person does such things. No refined person also makes a reference to “nog” when they don’t really much care for the stuff.
*I regret not making holiday treats to deliver to local friends. I really wanted to but the budget was far spent by the time I got around to it. It didn’t stop me from loitering in the baking aisle of the store on about ten different occasions to pine for ingredients to make truffles.
*I regret not really decorating for Christmas even one time in my life. We have about five moves left before we settle down, and I keep thinking that’s when I’ll let loose. But I should just do it. December in
*I regret not sending out Christmas cards sooner in my life! Just take a look at my blog header, plus more came after that photo! Which leads me to believe two things. If you send people a Christmas card, they'll send you one, too. But more than anything, if you have a baby, it makes you a legitimate family and therefore the Christmas card receiving type (judging from the fact that we got way more cards from people we didn't send anything to ... oops).
2 comments:
I didn't mention Jesus in my letter, and I have no regrets. Yours was awesome. Quit worrying about it.
I have been stranded at the Denver airport- alone with 3 kids- overnight- one in only a diaper because he was airsick over and over and over. No more layovers for me!
Post a Comment