Friday, November 06, 2009

The Bird is 6 Months Old

And I can't believe we're still calling her The Bird! :) (Adam, maybe in the comments section you can leave the story of why you started calling her this in the first place. I need a refresher.)

Sienna turns six months old today! We had a grand photo shoot this afternoon to mark the occasion.

The Groovy Twosome.


It started inside but was not going well.

"If I know The Bird like I think I do," I thought, "she'll be much happier if we do this outside." Meh. Not so much.
An aerial view of the infant-pattern baldness going on.


Conversing with her kind (the other birds). Truly, this is her in squawking mode. It is something not to be missed.

Anytime I can catch a view of her profile, I wish I had a camera. What is it about profiles? Love them.

You might be thinking, "What in the sam hill is she doing outside in a onesie this time of year?!" Southern California NEVER. CHANGES. SEASONS. It makes me mad. But not on days when I'd like to venture out for an impromptu photo shoot.


Dirt on the foot.

"Mom. I'm over the bows."

Mid-rollover.

Lately she loves pulling back the blanket to discover what's underneath. That's usually about the time I find her regurgitated milk on the carpet. However, outside, it's grass! What a discovery. I love watching her little fingers grasp and ungrasp, grasp and ungrasp.

Double fistin' on the grass.


Winding down.

"Mom. Winding down here. You want me to lose it? I will."

Mmm, Bird. You are a delicious little snuggle bug. Your dad and I STILL can't believe such a beautiful little person came from us.

Here's to six more months of squeezing and squawking!

7 comments:

A-Ware said...

you don't need a refresher! you did a whole blog post about it once:

http://marthahullinger333.blogspot.com/2009/06/bird.html

Great pics. I just sat here grinning at the computer screen. loved it!

Mari said...

Model baby! Somebody call up the Gap! Martha, she is absolutely incredible! Yay Wares :D

Fig said...

I LOVE that first outdoor pic. Such a cute expression.

Heather E. said...

That lens is doing you dandy. The bird is my favorite of the nest for sure. (lame.)

Marilee Leishman said...

SO cute. I love profiles too, but that last picture of her is adorable. The side angle is really cool. Each discovery is so much fun. You basking in those moments is reminding me to!

Tamaran said...

She is absolutely beautiful. I love her eyes! Oh, and she has a fairly mild case of the infant-pattern baldness. I think the squawking picture on the profile are my favorites. Too cute!

Candace Heyman said...

We hope the Curbug is as cute as this! I am already all about natural childbirth so feel free to talk my ear off anytime. Do you have my number? Email me. We should chat.