
My hair is in that awkward stage between real stylish and going south. I've got a mullet that rivals Hillary's and sideburns that rival a dude with sick sideburns. Something strange has also happened since sporting this Mom 'Do. I get a lot more well-meaning comments like, "Oh, you and your husband look JUST alike." That was cute and endearing awhile ago but now it's starting to creep me out. Getting ready together in the same mirror is weird enough when you look like brother and sister. Since our hair has been more similar these past three months, I just don't like being a clone. I didn't get married to have a twin. (By the way did you hear this story?) I didn't get born solo to have a twin. And I didn't keep buzzing Adam's hair since summer just so he'd look more like our favorite female pop star who is going south altogether along with her hair.
So without further a 'Do, I'm here to say I'm growing it out. And I'm going blonde soon. And I just bought a swimsuit the other day. It all goes hand in hand.
So without further a 'Do, I'm here to say I'm growing it out. And I'm going blonde soon. And I just bought a swimsuit the other day. It all goes hand in hand.
7 comments:
It has been a few years. You must live in the O.C. Talk of blondes and swimsuits in Jan. Isn't it great to be a Californian. Send pics when it mullets out. Also please promise a perm somewhere in the future. Your sporting of perms was classic.
You need to perm it. Good idea allen. You also need to get a picture of you and adam in the mirror getting ready and call it "body/hair double" then it would just get really creepy.
I see no mom 'do here. I think your head rocks.
And if you quit being the only chick I know who sports a rad pixie cut, then I won't know anyone with a pixie cut, and my life will lose a lot of oomph.
I've been trying to talk hoorayhooray Natalie into a 'do like yours forever, but she doesn't think her hub will go for it. So, you need to represent!
fig - my husband was scared for his life when i told him i was going all the way - aka - 1-2 inches all the way around. when i came home he laughed. but it was a laugh of relief that he liked it. i took this laugh as a great compliment, because it came from a man who lived and died by the mantra "must marry woman with long hair" before he met me. since he didn't marry a woman with long hair, he is forever stuck. so what i'm saying is, tho he won't ever love short hair like he loves long hair i'm free to do what i want! love it. did this paragraph make any sense? whatever. just celebrating short hair over here. ps - when i say i'm growing it out, it means to a maximum of like 6 inches. this is very long for me.
Member when I told you that in my heart I want to cut my hair? Since I cut my long tresses off, I haven't had a moments sadness. Not a tear for the tresses. And also there is this lady who comes to story time who has inspired me. It's definitely a mom cut--actually just like yours---with blonde streaks, and I think...I could do that. And I could...mebbe.
And I like your hair right now.
And if it's any consolation, I've always thought you and Adam look like twins.
Dang-it!
Wait, are you really going blonde?
Post a Comment