

Went to Laguna Beach on Saturday to hang out with my brother. A-Ware was at work. Then brother left to go on a date. So it was me, Little Women and the sand. I twiddled my toes. Listened to my neighbors' stories about getting f-ing wasted. Watched this family I was SURE was Mormon. Looked around. Wanted everyone to leave so I could stay and watch the sunset alone. Had to go to the bathroom so ditched the sunset and the little f-ers and headed out. And bought a burrito.
7 comments:
that looks divine. ps. I love to read, but don't really have a good time finding books. could you recommend some to me?
thanks. have a sunny day.
hey becs. this one called 'the glass castle' by jeannette walls is a page-turner of a memoir. just finished 'life of pi' by yann martel which is also a quick and entertaining read. 'east of eden' by john steinbeck was the gripper of last summer. 'zippy' and 'she got up off the couch' both by haven kimmel will make you laugh out loud. 'memoirs of a geisha' and 'wild swans' will fill the asian void. and finally, 'the secret life of bees' was a favorite of last summer.
so there you have it. a reading list to finish out this summer, which is fading fast! let me know which ones you try and like, if any!!
Allen was in town? Allen went on a date? You bought a burrito and have and overactive bladder? That's fun.
thanks marth.
I wrote them down and will take a trip to the library. I would just like to read in the evening much more than I would like to watch tv. such a waste of time, not to mention brain activity. thanks again.
Uh, so I totally know, or sort of know, or ok, so I don't know your friends Becky and Jared Shaver. But I feel like I do. Becky is my friend Jules' sister. Helloooo.... I was look through your blog while I nursed and was curious if there were any of our mutual friends, and I clicked on theirs, and I was "all, I face I know as well as my own, so oft I've heard it spoken!" (Ten points if you know where that's from). But anyway, I have heard so much about her, and seen so many pictures, that I recognized her right off the bat. Coo.
And so is your beach day. PS. I want you to tell me how funny you thought the flight of the conchords clips were. Ok, you don't have to think they were funny, but at least agree that they bring us back to our rapping days.
Hey Martha,
Your friend Miriam is my wife's sister's friend as well. Small world, huh? She left a comment on our blog. My wife was wondering if Miriam has a blog or email she can write back to? And, sometimes we are the very Mormon family at Laguna Beach. Do you go to Crescent Bay? That's our fav.
Peace out,
Jared
marty... the little f-ers???? what the? you turning into a trucker? haaha!!! i miss you!
Post a Comment