Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Cut My Hair, Try 3




I cut my hair. I as in Me. 3 times. Why me? I'm still atoning for my last visit to a stylist that might as well have taken my credit card on a shopping spree to Saks 5th Ave. Plus, when a girl needs a haircut, a girl needs a haircut. Now.

One cut was to get rid of the ugly crispy shoulder length that should have never been aloud to grow to that unsightly length in the first place. Second to get the first job into better shape and to stop it from growing so rapidly. (I swear in one week it was back down to my neck nape. Note: To me, 'to the shoulders' and 'somewhere touching my neck' are the same thing. They are both wayyyy too long and they both BUG.)

And thrice to get the second cut into shape. This has caused some serious hackage around apartment 311 and the result is a head full of mixed feelings, not to mention a hair full of mixed layers. I love the length. But without my friend the razor it is a mom bob like none seen before. Think the mom on Cheaper by the Dozen. Oh no, her name is Bonnie Hunt. I look like a big fat Bonnie!

Snip number 3 might be the ticket, as this time I cut some layers into it while the hair was dry so I wouldn't be duped into thinking, 'hey nothing's happening -- keep cutting.' If only I could keep it kind of messy like when it gets out from under the tap. It just poofs right out so I am a triangle on a really long neck. Razor, razor, whereforartthou razor.

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

hey. i see you posted on my foodees blog---thanks for having a look! we always welcome people to join our blog world, so if you think you have things you'd like to share, just let me know. also, i'm pretty sure i don't know you, but some of those pics from chapel hill, NC look like the family dorms at UNC. i have friends there...maybe that's the connection? anyway, thanks again for stopping by.

Super B said...

marth, you crack me up. I think it is great that you cut your own hair. I cut my own bangs...and that is about it. although, I am with you on the shoulder thing...mine is much longer than yours, but it is getting unruly and with the FL humidity and heat, it is time to chop it...I am thinking at least 3 inches. However, I will go to a friend who is a stylist that will give me a good deal. That is what you need, a friend in the business, or just a razor.

Miriam said...

I dig.