Sunday, November 22, 2020

SEPTEMBER 2020

 September was:

A day trip to Orcas Island on a gorgeous, sunny day. We enjoyed oysters, clams, ice cream, swimming, walking, and a very long ferry ride to and from.



Dinner before the first day of kids' school at Zeek's Pizzeria. 

School was online from the start. Noah started 4th grade, Sienna started 6th grade. First day of school we picked up their laptops and that was it!
The first week of school was figuring out tech issues. The day we finally logged on was this day when I used every single laptop in the house. Success at last! Poor Seattle Public Schools. Poor us. I was filled with dread for the school year.
Noah's class remained the same, just a new teacher, so it was nice for him to be able to immediately know all the kids in his class and continue those relationships.
Sienna started at a new school! Middle school!! Unreal that she is a middle schooler. Thank goodness she liked school immediately, especially her Spanish and science classes. I have been impressed with the enthusiasm of the principals and school teachers. Online school is not ideal for anyone, but good attitudes are infectious and everyone working together on this has helped me accept this terrible reality a bit better. Also, Adam is in charge of Sienna and I'm in charge of Noah and this is the only way we are maintaining any sanity with this effort. If I had more kids, I would have to quit everything and home school. Barf.
We had about two weeks of horrid smoky air. Since we were all working from home and schooling from home and stuck inside, we got cabin fever big time. Blerg.

Pandemic mask doubled as pollution mask while I walked the dog.

Sienna and I worked on a mural together in her room to brighten it up.



It was a success and we both love it so much.

Adam continued to channel his stay at home energy into house projects and epoxied the floor, built these shelves and got this work bench. This level of organization makes us both very happy.

I got the best haircut and color of my life and I just need to document it here. 

I also started school this month. I'm taking two classes and also doing a small job on the side. So far so good!

No comments: