Monday, July 11, 2011

I Have Two Hands and Will Now Post Five Pics

We finally made it to that Mariner's game! Noah slept for most of it. He is such a little sweetie.


Sienna's modeling shot. Isn't she a little beauty? She can flash you the most demure little smiles, too. She warms my heart.


Sienna is DYING over this thing called swimming. We've taken her to the real outdoor pool and also a local wading pool several times. She spazzes out with glee over all forms of swimming, even though the wading pool is about 5 inches of water. Adam and I thrill over seeing her so happy. This is the good stuff of parenting.



Noah is definitely a Ware baby. But I also see glimpses of my mom's Giles side in him. I can't wait to see what he will really look like! A miniature Adam, I'm guessing. He is just adorable. He turned six weeks officially last Friday and has been smiling a bit more. Greatness is in store for this boy, I can feel it!

It is a rare evening! Noah went down at 7 pm tonight, the same time as Sienna. Usually 7 pm is when he starts his fuss-fest until 10 or 11 pm. I am going to HURRY and post a couple pictures and give a short update.

It's been a "somewhat summer" here in Seattle. I'm still teaching myself to just be happy with what little sunshine I can get around here instead of being bitter when it goes away. It is a never-ending battle of emotions. Around July 4th we had a glorious four day streak of sun and we lapped it right up. But then July 5th came along with gloom and rain. It put me in a huge funk. Anyway, I'm trying to rise above the never-ending rainy day blues, but when it gets to the middle of July and you still can't count on sunshine, it gets to you. You know? You don't? Well, then I hate you.

Newsflash: having two kids means having twice the work. So obvious yet it never ceases to surprise me when one kid's need is filled and the other kid's need needs filled and then my need needs to be filled and then I just fall over from the fatigue of filling needs. No, it's actually not that bad. I'd say I've actually been doing an okay job with the adjustment. We still get out just as much, I can still keep the house in pretty decent shape (that's a white lie, but just let me keep thinking it), I'm getting okay sleep since Noah and I still snuggle up together all night and I just pat his back until he goes back to slumberland. All in all, I'd say he's a pretty good baby as babies go. He has this mad, grunting man cry. It kind of amuses me whilst breaking my heart. I am trying to enjoy this newborn stage but I cannot deny that I would take a 2 year old over a newborn any day. I just can't wait to enjoy his personality, that's all.

Adam's at Amazon for a summer internship. He's liking it. Like not love. He'll have to tell you about it sometime.

I chopped my hair. I may go more. It's just BUGGING ME.

Noah's awake. The end.

4 comments:

Layla said...

Your hair looks awesome! Keep it!

Shanna said...

Oh how I feel your emotions. I'm reading this while feeding Trey. Yes and typing with one hand lol. Newborns are hard. I forgot how hard. But then they smile that sweet smile and it makes it all worth it. :) are you coming to Roosevelt at all this summer?

Monica Lasich said...

Hey Martha,
Glad to see you are having fun! Hey, I have an awesome mess-free and goof proof Prints by Mail Kit now on my etsy store; I send you some molding material, you make the prints, send them back to me, and I sculpt casts of them and use them to make plaques out of. One mold makes anything you want. Go to my etsy store at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/handprintlady or just email me with what you want or your budget, and I will make a custom listing for you! Take Care! Noah does look just like Adam!

The Olsens said...

I feel you on the no sunshine thing. That's how Idaho made me feel. Except that when July came so did the sun...

I'm happy you're adjusting to having 2 children. I hope you know you're a great mother. I can't wait to someday meet Noah and to see you and your amazing family!