Friday, December 31, 2010

Pregnancy #2

I just had the thought, "Hey, what if I spend New Year's Eve doing the lamest of lame: updating the family blog!" And then Adam told me his sister was doing something even lamer tonight: chaperoning a stake dance, which is my worst nightmare way to spend an evening. So, bring on the lameness tonight, last day of 2010!

Well, as you may know, I'm pregnant again. Here's a leetle photo shoot from 15 weeks. Because when it's not your first pregnancy, you don't remember that you still need to pick up the camera to document now and then. So I finally got to it at 15 weeks. Now I am at nearly 19 weeks and will find out baby's gender on Monday. I think it's a boy because the tiny fetus profile at the first ultrasound is exactly my brother, Owen's. Adam is pulling for a girl. Let's be honest, so am I. If we could replicate any child with even 1/100th of the cuteness contained in Sienna, we will be pumped. We want her to have a little girl buddy, too. But I guess you can be buddies with whatever siblings you have, no matter the gender. Right?

So here am I. Maternal stretch pants and all.


Cup the belly!

Oh. My mirror is really grody. Look at that toothpaste streak.

I should really clean my mirror.


This pregnancy has been different in that I definitely felt the first trimester food weirdness right off the bat. Nausea and ickiness. Plus the fatigue that I felt with the first pregnancy. And then when the first trimester was over, it was like: zing! More energy, less food weirdness (although there is still some). I am seeing a high-risk OB/GYN and cardiologist, as usual, and have had some frank conversations about what my future really looks like in the child bearing department. Some of it is scary (like, I could be done having kids after this one or I could not - WHO KNOWS) so I am just trying not to freak out and doing my best to enjoy Sienna and pregnancy in general and all that goes with both. I have done my fair share of complaining about raising a kid (because it's so freaking ridiculously hard sometimes I just want to die) but when faced with the possibility, however big or small, of having just 2 kids when I had previously always envisioned having 8 (until I had a kid, of course) or at least 4 (after having a kid), it's a whole new mindset to adopt and a future I had never considered. Anyway, the good news is I am feeling great and have not had any heart trouble, and that is the best sign I can have. It just needs to continue ... hear that heart? Huh?!

Happy New Year! Here's to a year of birthing babies (for me, and many friends including Eirene, Mim, Shanna, and my cousin, Carrie). Go baby birthing!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

yeah for baby birthing!! ;) I swear when you came to my house you didn't even have a belly! Where did that little belly come from??? You look so cute. Can't wait to to find out what you are having! :)

Inez Valentina said...

This is a reminder that you are the cutest pregnant lady ever. So excited for you and baby #2! Hope I can get to visit you and your growing family someday soon!

Mari said...

Sienna IS pretty darn cute. She'll be a great oldest sister to your brood, be it 4 or 8 or 48. I'm excited for her to have a little brother :)

Carol said...

I think I didn't know about your heart trouble/pregnancy issues. I pray you have good health this time and many more to come. :)