Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring/Summer












Every season here could be followed by a "backslash Summer." Winter had some rain but then mostly 70s temps, spring is here and was cool and refreshing but is now in the 80s, and fall is more of an Indian summer, reaching into the 90s with dry air that ushers in fire season.

Nevertheless, I will ignore "backslash Summer" and focus on how much I love spring. I think I may have just decided it's my favorite season. Maybe it's because it brings back some of my favorite memories: in high school, getting out of 7th period math and heading to the nearby baseball diamond to watch all my crushes play baseball; in college, breaking out the capris and soaking up the sun on BYU/Y-daho campuses (even though in Utah and Idaho it's more like "Spring/Winter"); seeing the hills surrounding Irvine turn from scorched brown to lush green and thinking, "Since when was I surrounded by hills?" Surprises me every time.

In other news, Adam got into biz school. We are OUTTA HERE! I have come to love Irvine and the O.C. and am counting the ways I will miss it (shopping! really cool people!), but boy am I excited to get my groove on somewhere else, somewhere in which the seasons are not followed by "backslash Summer."

Also, Adam is back to racing! The crazy man!! Click here to see his play by play, as well as The Bird trying her sitting skills on that narrow little cushion Adam calls a bike seat: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2321679&id=17812138&l=0b61b09030

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh how I miss highschool baseball! lol THat seriously brought back soooo many memories! lol Where are you guys moving too?

Heather E. said...

I can't figure out the Bird. Who does she look like? June has that same green dress waiting until she's 9 months!

A-Ware said...

I'm actually seeing a little Hullinger in that last one. It's the eyes.

Carrie Jensen said...

Where are you guys headed? Tell Adam congrats on biz school! Enjoy Irvine while you can! :)

Aves said...

Darling pics! So where are you guys headed then?? CONGRATS on biz school! And PS I too love Spring. Its like parts of you come alive that were sleeping through winter - even though we didn't have much of a winter either. Cooler temps and rain, but still. Spring is in the air, and I love it. :)