As you may know, I crashed during a bike race a few weeks ago and broke my right clavicle and a rib about halfway up my back. The X-rays taken immediately after the crash showed a cracked looking collarbone that nevertheless appeared to be all connected. I've been telling people for weeks to imagine bending a twig just until it snaps, NOT until in completely breaks in two.
So imagine my surprise when I went in for my six week X-ray today, only to find that the break is actually worse now than it was six weeks ago! Go ahead and imagine that twig snapping all the way in half.
7 comments:
it's just too much! too much!!!
Man that looks bad. I have take alot of clavicle x-rays and that one tops them all! Hope it gets better for you soon! :)
My jaw just dropped! I can't believe it. And the twig analogy is just a bit too rough for me to stomach...
From MOM....these sort of pictures of one's son are a bit tough for mommies...and that's just how it makes me feel - like a MOMMY!
From MOM....NOW WHAT!??!!
ugg....that's crazy and brutal.
OUCH!!! I'm no orthopod but I think that healing is problematic when the two ends don't even both to touch.
Post a Comment