Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bow Comments Redacted

I can't really believe what I'm about to say, especially since I've been a bow hater for as long as I can remember. But here goes: My will to live a bow-less life has been shaken. It all happened a day after I wrote the previous post. The very doctor who delivered Sienna kept saying right to her face, "Hey little guy." And Sienna was wearing PLENTY of pink. It caused something inside of me to snap. And now she wears bows. Even crazier is I LIKE it. Now strangers fawn over her pretty girlness. I'll be the first to say she DOES make a cute boy, there's no question. But she makes an even cuter girl. So, there you have it. I do bows.






Special thanks to my cousin Megan who sent The Bird a slew of hand made bows when she was a newborn. Sorry it took me this long to use them. I'm a reformed bow hater. Just like that. (More bow pictures to come. Many more!)

7 comments:

Aves said...

AWWWW!!!! She is so darling, bow or no bows... she is FABULOUS and so precious :)

Fig said...

She is delicious with a bow. And she seems to really enjoy wearing it!

Also ... I sometimes say "hey little guy" to baby girls too. But on purpose, knowing they are girls. Maybe your doctor's just a weirdy like me.

Isaak and Jackie said...

glad you have come to the dark side. True bows can be a pain but more than that they are such a fun accessorie to have. She's a beauty!

Shanna said...

lol!!! You make me laugh. I have to admit that I very much enjoy having a boy just for that reason! I cut his hair and if I mess up..well just shave it off! lol Boys are much easier that way but I will say that she look ADORABLE in the bows! :)

Marilee Leishman said...

I haven't bought a single bow in all my days, but my mother sure hooked me up with a string of them 2 feet long. So during Laya's hairless days, she was rarely caught without one! Sienna looks likes such a sweetie. I love the thumb sucking technique. :)

Marilee Leishman said...

I haven't bought a single bow in all my days, but my mother sure hooked me up with a string of them 2 feet long. So during Laya's hairless days, she was rarely caught without one! Sienna looks likes such a sweetie. I love the thumb sucking technique. :)

Super B said...

Oh, sure Martha. Just like that you change your mind?! I will allow it so long as you never put a bow on her head that is bigger than the one she is wearing in the pictures, because that would just be wrong. I mean, when she gets bigger, you can do bigger bows, but heaven help the child whose face is obscured by a giant bunch of ribbon or worse, a flower. That face is too cute to hide.