MAC eyeshadow. It's like its makers visit some mine full of sparkly, potent minerals touched by the hand of God, package it in cute little circles, slap an outrageous pricetag on it, and sell it to addicts like me. I recently bought some more after trying to make do with the likes of CoverGirl. Bah! MAC is worth it over and over and over again. Sketch is my all time favorite color, which I have in a palette with Rye, Thunder and Scarab. I recently added Knight. And now I am broke. But my eyes look diva-licious and the stuff lasts so I say it's worth it.

Clinique High Impact mascara in black. I was finding borderline love with CoverGirl's VolumeExact but found myself disgruntled at the speed at which each tube kept drying out. The last time I had Clinique's High Impact was when I was married, so 2.5 years later I am ready to feel good in my own eyelashes again. I just batted them for you. You are smitten.

The silky world of soy products. It all started with SO Delicious ice cream, PB and chocolate flavor. Light, icy, no milky aftertaste, no aftergut (got plenty of gut right now, thanks). Then, in search of a less sugary smoothie at Juice It Up, I got their Soy Sensation, which WAS truly sensational and indeed much less sugary than their other offerings. And yesterday I ventured into Silk Soymilk and now I am drinking fabric! The sensational soymilk sensations just won't stop! Keep it coming you sensual, slippery, saucy little product made of beans. (Someone explain how milk comes from beans, please.)

The one. The only. Dustbuster. Did you grow up with a brown one of these in your home? Well, I did. And everytime I go back home my mom has one in another color. I have coveted hers for long enough, I decided. I finally got my own and now I am dustbusting the town. The first day I got it, I took it with me in my car and dustbusted the interior while sitting at stoplights. Why would I NOT carry this thing with me wherever I go?

Annie Chun's Miso Soup. My co-worker introduced me to these. It's all organic and healthy and stuff. Or maybe not healthy. Just light and life-giving as only a Chinese soup broth can be. Can't get enough of the Miso. Can't. Get. Enough.

In fact here's Adam also not getting enough, as evidenced by his use of TWO utensils to eat the soup (??) and slurping the remains. I looked on in envy, for he had just eaten the last bowl.

Clinique High Impact mascara in black. I was finding borderline love with CoverGirl's VolumeExact but found myself disgruntled at the speed at which each tube kept drying out. The last time I had Clinique's High Impact was when I was married, so 2.5 years later I am ready to feel good in my own eyelashes again. I just batted them for you. You are smitten.

The silky world of soy products. It all started with SO Delicious ice cream, PB and chocolate flavor. Light, icy, no milky aftertaste, no aftergut (got plenty of gut right now, thanks). Then, in search of a less sugary smoothie at Juice It Up, I got their Soy Sensation, which WAS truly sensational and indeed much less sugary than their other offerings. And yesterday I ventured into Silk Soymilk and now I am drinking fabric! The sensational soymilk sensations just won't stop! Keep it coming you sensual, slippery, saucy little product made of beans. (Someone explain how milk comes from beans, please.)

The one. The only. Dustbuster. Did you grow up with a brown one of these in your home? Well, I did. And everytime I go back home my mom has one in another color. I have coveted hers for long enough, I decided. I finally got my own and now I am dustbusting the town. The first day I got it, I took it with me in my car and dustbusted the interior while sitting at stoplights. Why would I NOT carry this thing with me wherever I go?

Annie Chun's Miso Soup. My co-worker introduced me to these. It's all organic and healthy and stuff. Or maybe not healthy. Just light and life-giving as only a Chinese soup broth can be. Can't get enough of the Miso. Can't. Get. Enough.

In fact here's Adam also not getting enough, as evidenced by his use of TWO utensils to eat the soup (??) and slurping the remains. I looked on in envy, for he had just eaten the last bowl.

Adam discovers pizza making. I didn't feel like cooking last night so I told Adam I'd fold the laundry if he made the pizza. DONE. Except he had never made pizza. How had he never made pizza before? Come to find out, he LOVED the whole experience. There is great satisfaction to be found in kneading dough, watching it grow, rolling it out, topping it, baking it. The satisfaction was not lost on him.

It was So. Good. (Yeah, those are my nasty canned mushrooms on the end there. Love those things.)




5 comments:
Agree about MAC eyeshadow. There's really nothing comparable. I, however, just bought myself a really fun little combination kit with tons of shadows and blushes in it, so I don't feel like I can buy MAC eyeshadow right now even though your blog totally gave me a craving. Eff.
Never had a Dustbuster.
Soymilk gives me the shivvies. Maybe I should try it?
You are really funny.
I really hanker for more of these posts from everyone. I too fell in love with CG VolumeExact, but it dries up sooo fast. Also, I need help buying foundation. Are you still using Clinique? I don't have any ANY at all in my stash and au naturale is getting fugly. Good work on kneading away, Adam. I'm over soy milk. I don't like it. Give me a cow or give me death, I say.
Every time I visit your blog I laugh out loud. Why in heaven's name, Martha, do you have to live all the way down there in the OC? What you really need to do is come over with Carrie and say in your leeetle foreign accents: "No no, too sexy."
I, too love the MAC. You can always change up your look. Slut or not Slut you choose. The Mascara, I am liking the CG lashblast but like you think that it dries out too fast. I need to go back to Estee Lauder. Soy Milk I have never tried but love the bean from which they come. I have needed a dustbuster for years and always forget the fact when I am at the store and instead buy myself a crepe pan. Do they compare no but one certainly brings more joy than the other. How I wish that I lived where there were good grocery stores with more Natural, Healthy Fare. I want to make a yummy fish dish but can't buy fresh fish.
All Hale to places other than the Basin!
martha,
so I have always wanted the expensive make up but could never bring myself to buy it, you are making me want it even more. I tried soy milk on the mission and loved it. Adams homemade pizza looks divine, can I come for dinner. happy 95th OPA!
Post a Comment