Here's the story: my mom gave me $100 bucks a few months ago so I could get a Shabby Apple dress because we had both been lusting after them for awhile and she wanted to be really generous and let me splurge. I ordered A Sunday Afternoon; it came and it didn't cover my garments. Apparently I am as tall as the model because it hit me exactly where it hits her. I sent them an email telling them I was sorely disappointed in the undies-showing (because isn't the store all about covering without wearing extra under-layers? yes, it is.). I sent it back and ordered Park Avenue. It's not in stock and they don't know how long until it will be available again. How do clothing stores get away with this nonsensical excuse? How can you not know when your next shipment is coming in? You run a clothing store, don't you? You manage your inventory with precision, right? You plan for people to be ordering your stuff, yeah? Bah. Seriously, bah. Bordering on bah-humbug, that's the kind of bah I'm talking about.
So, I got my refund and headed to Target on Tuesday. In about 25 minutes I secured a top, skirt, jacket, shoes and earrings for $104. I LOVE this outfit. It's modest, it's shiny, it's cheap and it makes me feel like it really IS December around this stinky sun hole.
Behold:
Cropped, shiny, patterned, black jacket. I will be wearing this with many other things, and I can just taste the bargain following me well into the next year.

This looks purple, but it's actually navy. I'm trying to tone down the jewel colors because at last year's holiday party I wore a maroon top and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT look good in that color, as evidenced by the photos that surfaced from that event. I'm staying away from all red-hued colors this holiday. I'm defining festive my own way.
This skirt is actually a shiny black, and I can't get enough of it's tulip-ness. Yes, it looks like an actual tulip on. It's SO GREAT!

This skirt is actually a shiny black, and I can't get enough of it's tulip-ness. Yes, it looks like an actual tulip on. It's SO GREAT!
These shoes also come in yellow. COVET! I would have bought both colors if I had just a few more $$ and didn't really, really need black. Love these shoes because they're flat but not flat. Can you see the little heel? Makes a clicking sound when I'm walking on hard floors that makes me feel like a woman. Deck the freaking halls! 

8 comments:
SUPER CUTE! I have the yellow shoes and I absolutely LOVE them- fashionable and comfy!
thanks for showing your super cute holiday outfit. Sorry about the mishap with the other dress it sounded way cute but this one is even better because it was designed by you!
Why the eff can't we see the entire outfit all together on YOU?
I have lusted after those yellow shoes for a good three months now.
Love it! Love it! Love it!!!
Please, santa, can I go clothes shopping without Haven and go with my sister and mom's money and then have my sister pick everything out for me and slap me around a bit and tell me I look hot? please.
that skirt better be maternity. (wouldn't that be hideous?)
Okay I had to post another comment...why oh why have I not ever heard of these Mama Apple dresses???? They are so freaken cute!!! So thank you for showing me this site that I am going to get into sooo much trouble for!! :)
I love your sense of style! And I love Target. It's the best thing since sliced bread. Although, if I had to make a choice, I'd pick Target and get a good bread knife.
Post a Comment