Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Comments

I got a Canon XSi for an early Christmas present and am loving the clear pictures it takes. The indoor shots still need help but I really love the outdoor ones. I'm starting photography classes in January so my shots can only get better. Can't wait!!
Here's a sampling of them along with a Christmas commentary.
Adam's 101 year old great grandma passed away which provided mostly a happy occasion: we both got out of work a couple days early and spent some surprise time with Adam's family plus got in on his other grandma's huge annual Christmas bash. Here we are in front of her tree after all the wreckage was cleared (dozens of tiny kids ripping thousands of presents open).
My wish for seeing the lights on SLC's temple square was granted. Except where were the lights this year? Did anyone else think they chinced? I was confused. But still loved it.

This manger scene in front of the temple was breathtaking.
After some days in SLC, we went home to Roosy. Adam is a natural dad already ... here he is reading a story ... er ... showing a photo album to Haven.

We went sledding at Constitution Park. Isabelle did snow angels.






Mom became an eskimo. Mark did quality control.

Haven hates the cold and snow.

Christmas Eve crab fest came off without a hitch. Heather is so hardcore she cracks crab legs with her bare teeth.

Allen ate 3/4s of the bucket o' crab legs by himself. I was not surprised but I was pretty grossed out.


Took a couple trips to the Vernal temple. I think it's the first time Adam and I have returned together since we were married there 2.5 years ago. And we did sealings this time around. Ahhhh. Memorable.





4 comments:

Isaak and Jackie said...

Martha, it makes me so happy to see all the Hullingers together for Christmas what a treat I am sure it is simply a blast and a fun fest. Love the pictures, you made me miss home a ton.

Kent said...

Adam, narrating the photo album: "And here's me winning the 100-meter breaststroke...check out my lats here, I look abso-toot-ly ripped...and here's me and my bike...check out my calves here, so toned and tan...here's a few pictures of Martha...boring...oh, check this out, here's me totally being awesome at the beach..."

I can't believe you got a big fat nice camera! That thing is a money pit, with all the lenses, classes, and stuff. And the pressure to take awesome pictures with a nice camera is tremendous! You'd better be ready for it. I expect to see some life-altering photos here in the next few months. And I'm not talking food shots. You've taken enough of those already, doncha think?

House of Hullinger said...

Martha and Adam this is Rog. K these pictures of Christmas are terrific! Especially the one of my darling Isabelle in the snow. The picture of the temple with the sun is awesome. And agreeing with Kent...thanks for not taking too many pictures of the food.
We loved seeing you at Christmas. Hope you're enjoying the thongs!

Geri said...

Lights at Temple Square are usually great. Maybe they reduced them because of the economy. Who knows? I love when we do crab fest around here too.