Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Too Fun. Toooo Fuuuun.
Thanks for weighing in on the baby names. That was very entertaining for me. Unfortunately, Millie is the one Adam hates. He says it sounds like a farm girl. I say, you must not know how cool The Pioneer Woman is. But really I say that, for me, naming our firstborn Millie is all about paying tribute to Thoroughly Modern Millie. I'm a Modern! afterall. Maybe he'll come around after seeing that it clearly wins the popularity contest with the wisest women bloggers in the sphere. Honestly, we're both leaning towards two of the other names on the poll (because I gave up on Millie long ago). But in the end, I think I'm going with the advice to take all ideas to the hospital, meet the baby, and then grant the name accordingly. If she's going to be a tom-boy soccer player, it's Rory. If she's going to have good manners and book smarts, it's Paige. If she's got high cheekbones and remarkable dignity, it's Audrey. If she shows a propensity for running barefoot and basking in the sunlight, it's Sienna. And if she comes out wearing overalls, it's definitely, definitely Millie. So, Baby, if you want to be a Millie, get out your needle and thread and start sewing. I'll see if I can ingest some jean material. But most likely it will just be turkey. We both like turkey. At this point all we really care about is turkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I were as funny as you, Ms. W. Sheesh.
Thank heavens for Adam!!!! We always were sure that he was the one for you with the way that he keeps your head on straight. Don't we girls all love our Husbands for that great talent?
I like that idea of going to the idea with all names in mind I think when you see her you will know. Isn't it a pity that we have to agree on names, but I guess it helps us become closer as mates. You are too funny! I do like the name Millie and I voted for it but I have to agree with Adam too about sounding like a farmer. In high school there was this girl from North Sanpete that I competed against and her name was Millie so we called her Millie the milk cow but I still like the name.
Read my comment on your previous blog then hear this: here are some of the nicknames I've put up with over the years: Coreen,Crayontha,Kareen,Coronee --- and NEVER is it spelled right! I am changing the spelling to Koryn--hopefully then it will be pronounced right. My mother told me she never liked her name but it was not just Twila, it was Twila Ann. And don't forget Cousin Deltha Josephine--named after two grandmas!
This is Brother Mark filling in for Mom:
Rory...boy name
Paige...messenger of the king
Audrey...OK..but hard to control at 16
Millie...H NO
Sienna...that's a brown crayon, but i like it
Other...what kind of name is that?
I suggest Bianca Giacomo Giavanni Ware. It's Italian, right? And they have lots of names not just first, middle, and last. I guess you realize that when ever Allen has kids we're going to go through this charade again. And BTW...there isn't a Hightower Hullinger yet.
Post a Comment