Friday, November 14, 2008

I've Decided

1. It's finally fall! Monday was my first full fledged sweater day. I relished it. I took a picture of it. I didn't take it off all day.

2. False alarm! It's actually summer. It was about 90 degrees today with hot winds. Forecast is the same for the weekend. Kill me now.

3. The Internet is far too loud. Who decided it was a good idea for everyone to have opinion-sharing capabilities at all hours of the day? I'm not talking about blogs, cuz I only stick with the ones I love. But the comments section of news sites is just hot air. I've stopped reading them or even glancing at them as of today. My life is much improved already.

4. I hate Twitter. We've started doing it for work and, again, the voices in my head have multiplied ten-fold. I was not meant to be connected with the universe 24/7.

5. Gotta give old guys credit sometimes. The work crew and I went to the Pacific Symphony last week and Bill Medley performed with them. Bill who? Exactly. He's the still-living Righteous Brother. He sings, "You've lost that lovin' feelin'" and, my all-time favorite, "I've had the time of my life" from Dirty Dancing. He's gotta be, what, 80? Ok, maybe not 80, but he's still got a great voice and pretty good moves. I was pleasantly surprised.


6. It's been way too long since I cut a rug. Another fun event I went to last week for work was a fundraiser for our client that involved wearing a dress with tennis shoes. Brilliant. After all the auctioning and wining and dining we got out on the dance floor and broke it down. I was all intent on leaving early to hang out with Adam, cuz that's where I'd rather be 99.9% of the time I'm at those events, but instead, I stayed late and danced the night away with my co-workers. So fun.



7. Beets and I, we're still tight. That's one of the few foods that still makes me happy. As for the rest of food-dom, can we just reconcile already? I would like to get excited about you again. Just think about it, ok? DTR later? Ok, meet me at Squaw Peak.


8. We need more Penny Marshalls in this world. This video made my cry, I was laughing so hard.

6 comments:

Heather E. said...

Your long sleeves and turtleneck look so conservative and dumpy until I saw your sneakers. Remember the concept of "joke outfits" like, hey, my outfit is a joke today. Isn't it funny? Penny Marshall....Look out!

Shanna said...

You look like a hottie! Don't listen to Heather! I love the top pic. YOu look hot! :)

House of Hullinger said...

I have nothing to say about the way you look. I think you look great all of the time!!!!! ...........Now that I have my nose out of your butt and have secured my rank at the top of sisterdom I just have something to say about your appetite. Just think about all the crab.
Just keep eating eating eating just keep eating.
Love ya.

Tori said...

Hey Martha I was looking at Shanna's Blog and saw yours. I hope you don't mind. How are you?

Aves said...

I don't know how you do it, but you always make me feel so darn good about myself. Seriously! Thanks! And PS Edward makes me all hot and bothered too... just wait till the movie, I didn't even like the actor they picked, but when he's playing Edward, the whole thing works for him. For real... :) You're looking as happy as ever too, and so freaking tiny and gorgeous. Are you sure you're prego?

Tyrone said...

Marty Marts, it's good to see that you're having so much fun. Sorry 'bout the whole appetite thing, I'm sure that must be excruciating for you.