Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carving a Pumpkin while Carrying a Leetle Punkin

So now you want to know allll the details of the pregnancy, right? Well, it all started ...
... And now I'm 13 weeks along, looking at a May 2 due date, same as the lovely Miriam, my BFF from high school. What are the odds? I've been feeling great, no morning sickness, just a loss of appetite. Sometimes it comes back, and sometimes, when Adam has the wonderful idea of going to Weinerschnitzel, I want to throw up. So maybe that's morning sickness. But wanting to throw up and feeling like throwing up are probably two very different things. I'm sure you who know the difference would be happy to tell me about it. So that's it. We're having a baby. Woohoooo! Never thought I'd see the day but now that I do, it's very exciting. It's kind of like just jumping on a fast moving train, one in which you have no idea where it's headed but you've heard it's a combination of good, scary, pretty, ugly, bad weather, good weather and everything in between. How can one prepare for a journey such as this? I say you don't. You just do it. And that's what we're doing. Smart, right?



In other news, I had a pumpkin carving party the other night. Adam had to go on a Boy Scout's campout so he missed it, but to make him proud, I carved this wonder (without a stencil - unbelievable, I know):


Everyone else did something really elaborate - a cat, a castle, a pirate ship. Show offs.




8 comments:

Super B said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am that you are finally joined the ranks of motherhood. It will be great. You will be great. Adam will be great and that pumpkin you carved is great. Key word GREAT!! I wish I could be there with you and Mim. Now that would be great.

Isaak and Jackie said...

way fun party, you don't even have a tiny bump to show your wee pumpkin you look beautiful. You are for sure right in the idea that there is no way to prepare for parenthood and just flying by the seat of your pants is best. Heavenly Father helps and so does motherly instinct.

Luke and Casey Jackson said...

Martha--Congrats on the pregnancy!! That is so exciting. I saw your blog from Carries'. It is good to see your pictures and what is going on in your life!

Shanna said...

I love your pumkin the best!!! :)

Natalie said...

Dude you are due like 6 days before me, that's super fun!!! I find out what I'm having on the 19th, what about you?

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

What jeans are those? You must tell. They're hot.

M-Ware said...

modbe jeans. yep, they are my favies. tell your old friends at modbe they have good jeans. i like them. do i need to repeat myself a few more times? ok.