Friday, October 03, 2008

Politics Meets Relief Society


I finally put my finger on why the mere sound of Sarah Palin's voice sends me running to the store for earplugs. She has combined one thing that I hold dear, Relief Society Voice, with one thing that makes me crazy, politics. If I had thought about this before, I would have thought, yeah, a Relief Society president WOULD make a good leader of our country. Endless compassion, clean and sensible living, discipline, fidelity, and pie baking would solve the world's problems in the areas of humanitarian, environment and energy, education, rascally behavior, and world hunger, respectively. But now that it's a reality, the exploitive use of the The Voice, and not even by one of Our Own, is offensive. She can't take Relief Society Voice from us. She can't do it! To get your polling fingers warmed up for what's to come in exactly one month, please answer me one question:




And while we're on the undesirable subject, I am still undecided as to which candidate to vote for and just thinking about deciding makes me decide I don't want to decide and I'm usually a very decision-oriented person, also known as, decisive. Send me the websites (besides the candidates') you've used to decide because this is where my Internet search capabilities fail me, and I ain't asking Matt Lauer anymore on the subject.


Sure do preciate 'cha!

10 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

That is HILARIOUS about her having a R.S. voise--so true. You could close your eyes and picture it, except for her dumb jokes. But I guess puit even those in church tones and they could fit in a meeting! As for how I hvae chosen "my" candidate, it is really the lesser of two EVILS. That's about it--which one will screw us up less? You let me know when you get a better system. BTW love your brothers parenting lesson, I'll have to remember that one! And what's your secret?!!

Fig said...

Not just a Relief Society voice, but a Minnesotan one! I am getting pretty good at imitating her accent, it's great fun.

Here's a site I played with the other day, just for kicks.

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/

I could hyperlink it, but I'm too lazy. Anyway, no idea how official it is, but it matched me up with #1 Hillary (dang it, I wish she was still in) and #2 Obama. Also, my very very last match (with a score of like negative 12) was Romney. Dizzle says that means I'm not a real Mormon. Hardy har.

Fig said...

P.S. Both candidates are good people who want to do good things, they just have different ideas about how to do it ("lesser of two evils" party line doesn't fly with me). Obviously voting is important, but don't beat yourself up over it. Be casually decisive?

House of Hullinger said...

I accidently voted that she should get rid of the relief society voice. I disagree though, I don't think that she should get rid of it. Why not let the world enjoy what we have enjoyed for so long. I haven't really listened to her but does she smack her lips too?

Aves said...

HAHA, so true... I could never pin-point it! The relief society voice makes me think of you and Mim every time!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

AMEN! Her voice drives me INSANE and unfortunately I do not have any ideas on how to choose cause I can't seem to decide either...

Heather E. said...

don't cha know that I made up that title? I'm really super glad that you ran with it. Yer such a sweet spirut. Bless ya.

Jenna said...

Well Howdy! I swear i am not a crazy blog stalker. I found your blog via Dawn, Averi and whala! How are you? I see your are married. Its a little late, but congrats. Life is oh so different for me as well. Fill me in, cant wait to catch up!

For now said...

love reading your blog! You are so wonderful-