Sunday, April 06, 2008

General Lounging and a Flashback

This weekend, as is no surprise, was all about eating, sitting, sleeping, reading and general lounging. General Conference weekend is so great for that, plus a filling up of the ol' spiritual reserve. This morning we had the Elders over for the traditional General Conference breakfast of German pancake. Elder Shin (from Korea) and Elder Cunningham (from Sacramento) both had never tasted of it. Nothing delights me more than introducing amazing food that should not be lived without.Sometime between all the naps and Conference watching, we went on a beach walk. Salt Creek Beach. I had a picture-taking escapade involving these three palm trees.

Let's see how many times I can get these palm trees in a picture.

Oh, I guess they didn't make it into ALL the shots. Anyway, Salt Creek was cool because the ocean came with a beach AND a lawn. The perfect combination, if you ask me, because when I get tired of sand getting into the crevices of my book pages, I need a refuge not far from the ocean. The answer? Grass. Oh, and a multi-million dollar beachfront home. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

While lounging and wasting time and wondering when Priesthood session was going to be over, I came across these pictures A-Ware's mom recently sent:

Adam has always spoken fondly of the crazed night of dancing that occurred at his friend, Kurt's, wedding in the days before I knew him. Until now I had only HEARD of this night. SEEING this night made me wish we hadn't ditched out on chaperoning the stake dance last night. These are moves not to be kept within the confines of our home. His innate awesomeness really comes through, and I just wanted you all to enjoy this rare look into his real abilities and strongpoints.

4 comments:

A-Ware said...

The real dance star is that little boy in the last pic doing the sweet kick move by the speaker.

Super B said...

gen. conf. weekend is great. hope you are doing great. miss you.

Aves said...

I LOVE palm trees. Its means sun, ocean and the beach. Wish I were enjoying that right now. Martha you freaking kill me. You are one fabulous girl. FOR REALS. Brent and I are headed to Seattle tomorrow. Remember when you, me, Joe and mim went to Seattle and stayed at my house? Good freaking times. Love ya!!

Fig said...

Such lovely scenery, I'm uber-jealous.

Is that A-Ware busting a move in those gray pants? Can't we get a little video action up in here?