Sunday, April 27, 2008

We Found It!


We've been perpetually celebrating our anniversary all week long, eating out and staying out and doing all manner of expensive things but probably the most exciting part was finding OUR sushi place. We've been searching for awhile now - others have been too loud, too expensive, menus too confusing, sushi too gross - but on Tuesday we found IT. We felt good upon arrival. It was nice, quiet, had enough people to make you think "hey, this is place is popular enough." The servers, all 4 of them, were nice, with painted on smiles. You know those painted on Asian smiles that say: "Save face no matter what! Even if the customer spits wasabi in my eye." They brought out our rolls and we were in heaven. Mmmm, raw fish. THAT was my favorite anniversary present.

2 comments:

Aves said...

You guys are funny! I am not necessarily a fan of sushi, but I will say, the atmosphere of a good sushi place is priceless. The only sushi rolls I like are ones without fish, and with cooked chicken!! :) Like a buffalo roll. Mmm :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! That's great you found a good place. If you're a sushi lover, a good place is imperative. Bart and I love sushi, and just enjoyed a fabulous array of uncooked fish just a few weeks ago. Next time you're in Colorado, we'll have to meet up there (It's called John Hollys)!