OH and I cut my hair. With me it just doesn't stop. This is the shot right after the tryst at Paul Mitchell School (I always get a good adrenaline rush going there - who KNOWS what they'll come up with - I love the surprise after gripping the chair arms for four hours). As you can see, it's blown dry (first of many hair no-nos for me), smoothed and spiked perfectly.
This is how I do my hair. I prefer the ruffled, towel-dried look. Spikes are welcome and I'm also digging my burns. This hairdo takes 45 seconds. Heather says I have found my hairstyle for the next 40 years. I'm kind of offended by that.
Onto other things. Is it too late to talk about Halloween? Good. I hate the holiday although I grew up in a morgue where everyday was spooky so it's practically in my blood. But I did want to post just a little.First off, I wanted to share something new and exciting in the world of cupcakes. So there I was, Halloween eve, searching high and low for cupcake cups. Sold out. Nearby were these mini cups. I blew them off all angry like cuz I don't have mini cupcake pans. But a closer look revealed that you didn't NEED mini cupcake pans. All you do is put a bunch of these little guys on a cookie sheet and they hold themselves up. And they turn out cuter than ever because they're mini. And you eat more than usual cuz they're mini. I baked up the little darlins and took a bunch to work the next day, just like I had planned. Who needs the other cups? I won't support them. And neither will my pans.



7 comments:
It makes me laugh out loud looking at those Halloween pictures. What fun. I can hear your raspy accent now.
Good job with the sewing. I know exactly how you feel going back and forth over the edges. I'm as ameteur as they come!
By the way, I love your hair. You can sure pull off a short hair cut. You look great, you've got the face for it...beautiful. Have fun with the family during the Holidays!
love the hair Marth. You do pull off the short cut....very well, very well. I think I would look like a giant pumpkin head...
but, the aprons are great. and those pics of halloween days gone by are great. I did mention to mim that I remember our first halloween the fall of 2000. we went to Retrix, and avery's apartment. I was an aerobics instructor and froze my hiney.
anyhow. love you and your blog!
Dear Martha.
WHY does your hair look so amazing? HOW come you have such a perfect head to do it? WHAT would I look like if I chopped my hair like that? WILL I ever find out?
LOVE IT. I LOVE the blow dry-head look too. It looks so clean and smart. ..and fashionable, too. It looks GREAT. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make an apron soon too. I love aprons. You can't have too many. And since I only have one, that means I have many more allowed. Man, your hair looks really good. It makes me want to cut mine, but I'm afraid my bum is too big to pull off a short cut. I feel like you have to have a small hiney to look sexy. Although, Eirene is an immediate contradiction. SHE looks very sexy with short hair, and let's be honest, she's as ghetto bootied as me.
And p.s. thanks for stealing my pictures.
MOM says: I'm so proud of your lovely apron. Glad you found a friend to help. On your hair----You remind me of Twiggy, the model of the 70's And----a prominent lady has written a book about us older ladies going gray---and looking fabulous! She thinks it's wasteful of money and dishonest for us older women to dye our hair? Dishonest? Never have I thought of myself as dishonest by dyeing my hair! I have to look at myself and I don't want to see a gray-haired hag----not until I'm 80 at least. Preserve the myth as long as I can! And BTW, I earned every one of those gray hairs! P.S. Did you know that Little Black Sambo was East Indian?
Hey Martha!
Your apron looks fabulous, but your hair is beyond fabulous! So so cute! Am I surprised? Not a bit.
Ann
(Mim's cousin)
Hey. Write a new post already.
Post a Comment