
My little brother, Owen, aka The Boy, just got his mission call yesterday to go to India!! Are you kidding me?? It was only recently that I knew LDS missionaries were even IN India. Bangalore, India is the mission, which encompasses all of India. Except word has it they're opening a New Delhi mission. Seriously, somebody tell me how long missionaries have been in India.
PS - We call him The Boy because he is just that. THE boy. Boy Prodigy, Boy Genius, Boy Wonder, Boy Wizard. Boy Musician, Boy Mathematician, Boy Speller, Boy Fashion. Think of anything in the world and The Boy is it.
Congrats Boy Elder!!
9 comments:
I'm one of your lurking blog friends... when I was a sophomore at BYU in 2000, I knew someone who served in India. He said there were only 16 non-Indian missionaries serving there at the time, so that might be why you've never heard of it.
Tyler says: "Boy George?"
I have already offered my congratulations at the Extravaganza, but I would also like to say that it's only fitting The Boy should get called to the quirkiest, most eccentric, underused and decidedly cool mission in the earth.
Uh, well, there are MANY missions are cool, Christy. Don't be too hasty. BUT, India is definitely great. The boy WOULD get called to India. Congratufatlations.
Erm . . . well yeah, I can think of a lot of cool missions. Mostly I was caught up in the excitement of discovering a mission I didn't even know existed and O getting to go there.
I didn't communicate well.
My apologies to all cool missions. And even uncool missions. (kidding) (all missions are cool)
HEY MARTH, tell him congrats for me, I'm so proud of my little piano student!
I can't believe Owen is going to India. Can you get his address, and I will pass it on to Nathan. Tell him I miss his stinkin' face and Phillip and I will always laugh about how his lake powell fun with us.
So I stumbled on this page when I was trying to find the Bangalore mission office number which I lose constantly. My husband and I live in Bangalore with our two young kids. We are very cool people who delight elders with fajitas and root beer when we can find it. We would be more than happy to share about the mission.
I am an anthropologist and a PhD student currently. I lived with the Himba tribe in Namibia - and all of my preparation was nothing for this place. It will amaze and confound.
Your aprons are awesome by the way - the fabric here is really stunning. So many colors and patterns. Have you ever checked out buyolympia.com. You might like it.
Oh and you can see our blog at web.mac.com/indiajenn
Lots of pics of Bangalore, etc.
Post a Comment