Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't Judge My Art


But feel free to judge Adam's cuz it can only get rave reviews. These colorful ones are mine - going for a sort of Rothko-inspired set but when the middle one ended up with a poo-brown outline I had to cover it with some mint and the remaining eggplant. Be glad the original is not posted here. Just know that painting over the brown saved it from a fate on the bathroom wall, as that is where it originally seemed to "fit best" if you know what I mean.




Adam has deep dark secrets and must thus reveal them through his art. He's a self-proclaimed "landscape guy" and wants to try some craggly mountains next. This was his first attempt at painting, and I was suprised at how good he was. Are you surprised at how good I was at my first attempt? Don't answer that.


And finally we have Ariana, the seasoned artist joining us for our First Annual Art Night. She has actually "taken classes" and knows "different techniques" when it comes to all kinds of art. She told me about something called "printing" and showed me her stuff. She is my first artist friend. An artist friend is a good friend to have.

Oh -- PS - We bought a new dining table!! Our FIRST dining table. There it is in one of these pictures. Can you spot it? $200 dollars, people. And the seats match our couch. How on earth?

5 comments:

Heather E. said...

I really like how the previously poo picture turned out. Mint and eggplant equals poo redemption.

Miriam said...

P.S.
Why are you such a brilliant writer? You are KILLING me smalls. Member how I made a three piece art work? Member that, Marth? Member how I was your friend before her?

Miriam said...

heh heh...jk.

Lauren said...

you two are so adorable. i love the artwork. there really is something about being artsy/creative. i have spent the past couple of nights scrapbooking. addicted even. love you two!

Marilee Leishman said...

CUTE TABLE, only $200, good job.