Saturday, June 23, 2007

Balboa Park

I've always been a little frustrated that San Diego seemed devoid of interesting, historical architecture. Then I went to Balboa Park. This is as old as it gets, folks. Good job.

My brother, the former Palo Al, came to visit a few weeks ago so we explored BP together. He is now San Al, having moved from Palo Alto San Jose recently. Ladies, he's single. He's employed. And he drives the loudest little red Honda Civic you've ever heard.

I don't really get this theatre-type structure. It is huge. It accommodates thousands. Someone plays creepy organ music all day from some unseen chamber inside.

Allen is the only male we Hullinger girls have been able to convince to read books by Haven Kimmel. Here's Allen reading the latest one now: "She Got up Off the Couch...And Other Heroic Acts from Mooreland, Indiana." Allen is no fool. He knows that book is hilarious. Adam and me in front of the fountain.

No comments: