January was super rough. I wished it was over the day it began. But for one nice respite, we found ourselves at one of my favorite Seattle haunts: Olympic Sculpture Park. I love that place.
My kids are not too old for Playdoh! Hooray!
At the beginning of February we went to Wenatchee to see my cousin Carrie's daughter, Lucy, get baptized. My Aunt Rita was there, too, and it was fun to catch up with her.
Little Matt loves Mr. Noah.
Lucy's a precious gal!
Sienna was reunited with a friend from kindergarten. So fun to see these two sweet girls together.
We made sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, obvs. I didn't have food coloring (I'm still stocking my kitchen after moving) so I used a half packet of fruit punch flavored Emergen-C. Did the trick. Kinda.
Over a two week period, their school was cancelled five days total with three partial days. And my school was closed all two weeks, for snow and also for sick professors. It was a couple weeks of highs and lows. At first, it's a blast staying home and hanging out. The wintry whiteness makes everything magical and beautiful. Then you run out of things to do. I still had assignments to work on but the kids didn't have much. I broke down and one point. Cabin fever is real and I had it really bad. There are only so many walks you can go on before you need to DO SOMETHING.
All the main roads were fine for the most part, though, so Adam just walked down the street and hopped on the bus and carried on at work like nothing was different.
At some point I made buttermilk roast chicken. It was a real highlight.
The kids celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. Day at school and made signs and marched around outside the school. Sienna kinda missed the message on hers but I think it's still a really good thing to rally for. She's got my full support!My kids are not too old for Playdoh! Hooray!
At the beginning of February we went to Wenatchee to see my cousin Carrie's daughter, Lucy, get baptized. My Aunt Rita was there, too, and it was fun to catch up with her.
Little Matt loves Mr. Noah.
Lucy's a precious gal!
Sienna was reunited with a friend from kindergarten. So fun to see these two sweet girls together.
We made sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, obvs. I didn't have food coloring (I'm still stocking my kitchen after moving) so I used a half packet of fruit punch flavored Emergen-C. Did the trick. Kinda.
I rode the bus downtown with Adam one morning and got a tour of his office for the first time. He's in a skyscraper near the Amazon Spheres.
I met my neice, McKenna, nearby for brunch.
She played with her band The Aces at the Crocodile and we got to see them. Seattle was their first stop on a monthlong North America tour. Really fun night!
It was snowing on and off all week and that night it was the start of some serious storming.
Seattle shuts down when it snows because all the hills make driving truly treacherous. Downtown was a ghost town. It was eery and lovely.
McKenna gifted me this Aces hat and Noah took it over right away. So cute!
Every now and then we spend Saturday lunchtime at Zeek's pizza. YUM.
Yes, it DUMPED and the kids were over the moon. They played outside a lot and then I was over the moon.
All the main roads were fine for the most part, though, so Adam just walked down the street and hopped on the bus and carried on at work like nothing was different.
Finding friends with sleds was awesome and I learned my lesson for next time: if it's going to snow, go buy a sled.
No comments:
Post a Comment