Our third Thanksgiving in Luxembourg and I'm just getting into the rhythm of how everything works. The main things to remember: Order your turkeys from Auchan and make your homemade pumpkin puree and stick it in the freezer. The rest is pretty straightforward. I feel like such an expat pro.
The bird was a bit bigger this year, 7 kilos instead of 6 kilos like last year. It nearly didn't fit. And was crooked. UGH THESE STUPID TINY OVENS.
Coconut cream pie makes everything better.
Adam nailed the carving this year.
We got together with 4 other couples. It was a delightful night and I think I needed it more than I expected. The more I feel settled here, the less I think I need American things. But the food and company were just the best. I am lucky to know some great American expats here ... who are also excellent cooks. :)
Wendy was our hostess.
Kids' table.
Megan and Matt and baby Franklin:
Brandon and Laura and little Lois:Jennifer and Brian and Samantha:
Adam and Wendy:
US:
Sienna's highlight of the night: holding baby Franklin as he fell asleep on her. So sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment