Sunday, November 26, 2017

Halloween

If I was worried about not getting my fill of Halloween this year, I shouldn't have been. Lux is catching on to American holidays more and more each year, so I find it less stressful to shop and prepare and enjoy them like I want. 

The latest English/American food store opened late and there was no canned pumpkin available this year, so I still made my own puree. If that's the worst of it, that's pretty good.

My kids were old enough this year to really enjoy the pumpkin carving. 
I mean, scooping out the guts is all they could manage but still, that's something! They sketched their spooky faces, and Adam and I carved.
American Women's Club of Lux put on a great Trunk or Treat as usual. This is the only picture I got because I was freezing and wearing the wrong clothes and couldn't concentrate on anything except going home.
But the kids had a great time.

Our church puts on a very well attended Trunk or Treat ever since we've been here. Everyone brings soup and treats to share and it's a really fun event.

Hooray for Halloween!

No comments: