It was so lovely to spend Christmas at home this year. So cozy, so easy. I usually write up an extensive Christmas to-do list to make sure I'm milking the season for all its magic. But this year I tried to cut back on anything extra. We did Saturdays at the Christmas market, but otherwise we were on a couch with a blanket and hot cocoa for Birdie and chocolate milk for Noah. We didn't even bake cookies! It was perfect.
New jams early in the month.
St. Nicolas Day was on a Tuesday and the kids had no school. I took them with their friends out to the forest. We froze but it was fun.
Sienna (almost) fits into her Grandma Diane's old coat. So cute!
We found a great 20 euro tree at Ikea's tree lot.
We didn't even bother with a star on top. It just made sense to leave it alone.
On Christmas Eve we met up with the Packers and the Mullins at the Lux Christmas Market ice skating rink.
It was such a fun place to be on Christmas Eve.
Just skating like the boss moms we are. Becky was brave with little Lincoln up front!
The Andrews even made an appearance with their new baby, Rain! Really good times with this wonderful group of friends.
Also, spaetzle, which is noodles and bacon and cheesy sauce.
Noah was mad...until he got some spaetzle in his belly.
I went for the Bami noodles.
That afternoon, we did gingerbread house decorating.
Complete with Hansel, Gretel and the Witch cut outs.
For Christmas Eve, we tried a variation on my tradition growing up: homemade gift exchange. We added a variety show aspect - you could choose to share a talent instead of a thing. It was really fun. Sienna sang Adam a song from the Primary songbook, "Picture a Christmas," Noah baked me a brownie, I made Sienna a yarn doll and Adam sang "The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting)" to Noah. Super cute. I think that tradition is a keeper.
I bought fishy crackers at the American store! This is gonna be huge!
Despite Noah's face, he is thrilled about the fishies.
Nobody ate my breakfast casseroles except Adam and me...
and the missionaries! It was great to have them over. They're both American so I thought it'd be fun to have them for a little taste of home. They were in demand, though, and after church they spent Christmas with two other families.
Sienna loved her doll house.
Noah loved his pirate ship.
We fully committed to the Legos this year.
Both kids really love them and it's fun to watch them work on it for hours on end ... while I kick up my feet with a book.
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment