The Polish community in Luxembourg puts on an annual "Children's Day" and the kids and I went with Maciej, Justyna, and Karolina. It was really fun to eat some of their food and watch some of their demonstrations, like this one with men in traditional garb with swords. Of course we loved the swords!
Maciej trying out his very fancy selfie stick. I'm serious, I've never seen a fancier one.
Little Bird in her nighty seeing if it's raining. Or maybe she was wishing she was playing outside instead of going to bed (since it stays light here from 5 am - 10 pm!).
Luxembourgish Mother's Day was some time in June and I ate it up. The kids made some stellar things at school: Sienna a shoe box turned lady face with cloth hair, and Noah a lamp with marker swirls all over it. Don't forget the countless Happy Mother's Day cards Sienna sweetly created for me. Adam was traveling that day, but the kids spoiled me indeed! ;)
We celebrated our one year anniversary living in Lux on June 22! With a dinner all together (which is an unusual treat on a week night) and a photo! It feels so good to be on this side of the move. I mean, I even possess a Euro crock pot! Oh the luxury!
The very next day was Luxembourg's national holiday and we went to our ward's BBQ to celebrate. I made indoor s'mores, which were not as universally loved as I expected, but I enjoyed them enough for everyone combined.
It was a sunny, hot day. I haven't seen one like it since. We really enjoyed the hee-yeck out of that day.
P.S. My good friend and running buddy, Megan, and I showed up in color coordinating outfits. This is not the first time that has happened. Another day it was kelly green cardigans. Coral and kelly green are very specific color matches, so .... we must secretly have the same stylist or something.
Also plenty of singing and dancing. It was great to see Sienna singing along. She absolutely adored performing. All day before the performance she kept saying, "I'm so excited I'm going to burst!" Afterward she said, "I loved being on the stage so much I want to live there!" I hope to see many more of her darling performances for many years to come.
Noah had the special opportunity to take one of his class "pets" home for a night. This one is named Fuzzilappi. To hear him say it! Soooooo funny!
Staring contest with Fuzzilappi. Noah, the reigning champ, didn't stand a chance against this wide eyed monster.

No comments:
Post a Comment