May always feels a bit spendy and alot cakey because .... MAY BIRTHDAYS! Here's this year's installment of happy birthday tributes to my three favorite home-dawgs.
Adam turned 36 this year. He took his birthday dinner by the horns and blew us all away. He made delicious homemade pappardelle pasta and bolognese sauce. It took an entire day. Bolognese sauce has to simmer for hours through milk, then wine, then it basically simmers into very tender meat with a little sauce. It's incredible.
He loved making it and we loved eating it!
I've had a hard time finding baking chocolate here, but these worked well for his flourless chocolate cake.
The cake was extremely dark, which the adults loved and the kids didn't.
Happy 36th to Adam!
Sienna's birthday fell on a Friday, so it was hard for her to wait all day until after school and daddy got home from work to celebrate. But it was all worth the wait.
She got a big box from Grandma Diane, some clothes, and a scooter.
She requested a butterfly cake, and it came off without a hitch! (Haha, that's hilarious, we all know that's a lie. The cake needs its own story, which is this: it was a banana cake which didn't really bake in the middle so I had to stand by the oven all afternoon and put it in and pull it out to curtail the oozing, which was ruining the shapes which I'd already cut out. I baked it to death. In the end, it actually tasted pretty good, but that may be because it was slathered with cream cheese frosting.)
For her birthday party I told her she could choose one friend and we'd take them bowling or swimming. She chose Karolina and bowling. They both had a blast!
I'm so happy Sienna has Karolina. She makes every day brighter.
Happy 7th to our sweet and silly Birdie!
Aside from one large weeping session, Noah did a good job to keep a stiff upper lip about waiting for his birthday to come on May 27th. It was a long wait, but he made it.
He got some wonderful gifts from Adam's parents, plus a scooter he'd been asking for for ages.
He kept changing his mind on the cake, but I steered him to this froggy one that was pretty simple. Two thumbs up for simple and big impact!
Noah also chose a friend, Daniel, to go bowling with. They had fun but I think we've had our fill of the place.
Daniel got him a Lego set that he worked on with Adam all weekend. Noah is our super cool 5-year-old!
No comments:
Post a Comment