After Paris, Owen & I caught a train to Luxembourg (this is still at the beginning of November). We arrived at 10 pm at night and took a taxi home. Here's me in front of my apartment complex calling Adam to let us in. I lost our other house key awhile back, which is not a pleasant topic of discussion, as these are not just any house keys. They open everything: mailbox, basement storage, front door, apartment door. Anyway, the end.
Owen had two days in Lux, so the first day we picked up the kids from school and drove to Vianden castle.
Flat Laria (#flatlala) came with us here!
I brought a picnic and we ate it before going in.
It's always fun to visit castles. This is the first castle I saw when I moved here, so it gets me excited with those feelings of being a first-time Luxembourger.
The next day I arranged for the kids to spend their lunch time with my neighbor so Owen and I could have an uninterrupted day of fun. We started with the outdoor market in the city center.
We shared some kind of German pastry with vanilla pudding filling which was outta sight!
Beautiful flowers.
Owen pulled a Korinne by trying some bread with dried fruit in it. EW. Actually, it wasn't bad.
I showed him the palace where the Grand Duke lives.
See the joy of Luxembourg? It's real. It makes you happy. It's a wonderful place. You all should visit.
We walked down to the Grund, the lower portion of the city.
It has lovely walking paths next to a river.
Then there's a big space in here where I didn't take any pictures but we basically had a nice, leisurely lunch. Then we ate THE MOST AMAZING macarons from Laduree, which is a Paris institution but has one location in Luxembourg. And I don't even like macarons. But these are THE ONES. May you all be lucky enough for me to buy you some. A box of six costs $17, so please start donating to the macaron fund soon.
Then Owen hopped on a train to Brussels and luckily missed all the terrorism lock down by mere days. God bless Europe!
1 comment:
Thanks for the new posts! I'm serious when i say that I stock your blog waiting for an updated post 😜
Post a Comment