Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Kids Say

Them: "It's a sowenger!"
Me: "What's a sowenger?"
Them: "It's nothing!!!!"
They use that word for everything.

When discussing why a police car was passing us with sirens and flashing lights I said maybe he was going to help someone who got in a crash or was hurt or needed help. Sienna said, "Or maybe someone was stuck in a tree."

I read them "Where do babies come from" a book with tasteful illustrations and story line about where babies really do come from. I was very interested to see where the conversation would take us. The kids wanted most to discuss umbilical cords. And then Sienna said very matter-of-factly, "I wish I had a penis."

A long time ago: Without my ever naming their private parts anything than the real names, Sienna came up with her own. In the backseat of the car one day I asked what she was giggling about and she yelled, "I have a fire engine and Noah has a possum!!!"

At the park last week Noah was riding his bike and came up to me and said, "I'm doing great. I'm doing great riding my bike fast." (He was going really slow.)

Noah was making shooting sounds with his mouth and shooting motions with his fingers. Sienna said, "Wow, you sure are great with the arrows! I love princess arrows. They're the best."

After Sienna wrote her name and showed it to Noah and me very proudly, I said, "Sienna, you're so smart."
She added, "...and awesome."

Sienna: "I don't like spegasaurus." She meant asparagus.

Noah: "I like this corn hot dog."
Sienna: "It's not a corn hot dog, it's corn on the cob!"

Sienna: "I drew a picture of myself, Mom! I have braids."
Noah: "I don't have braids."
Sienna: "No, Noah, you don't have braids. You're too strong to have braids."


1 comment: