Monday, February 18, 2013

Love Day

The question looms on a made up holiday like Valentine's Day: is it really worth all the trouble to make it fun and special for those you love? The conclusion I always come to is: yes. Yes, it is. 

This Valentine's Day I had the pleasure of making Sienna's preschool valentines to give away to 11 classmates. I say "pleasure" in jest. I was caught without a plan the day before and had to use what I had on hand. Thanks to an RS lesson in which I'd cut up a ton of hearts the week before, plus a bag of suckers my mom sent, plus Google, the Valentines came together. I present you: "Crafty meets I don't care."
 Whatever works, people! Sienna was thrilled. She had a really fun party at school and came home with a bag of loot.

 It was so fun to watch her open everything. And then consume all the contents!

I did the old "lipstick on the mirror" trick before everyone woke up.


This shirt came in the mail in the afternoon. Adam got a kick out of it when he came home from work.

 Noah dumped water all over the floor during bath time. He was then deposited in his crib to cry for 15 minuntes until dad came home and rescued him.
 And then suddenly dinner appeared on the table! Hahah. Yeah right. There is a price to pay for going out of your way to make a day special. The price on that evening was a cranky mom and kids. But once the kids were in bed, I put food in my mouth, looked at my husband and sanity was restored. Ahhhh. It's so nice to have the best Valentine in the whole wide world.
 I'm a dork. Also, Adam sent me flowers. Blue irises. I love them.
Dessert, aka the best part, was chocolate cream puffs with pink cream cheese/whipped cream filling and chocolate sauce.

More lipstick on the mirror .... and goodnight!



1 comment:

Lauren Andersen said...

i love all of this martha! ESP the tshirt!!! i LOVE that idea, and i think i will copy some day down the road!