And now for the pictures to go with my previous post!
These fine Seattle babes had a going away dinner for me before I left. So sweet! We ate at Jai Thai in Fremont (TDF!!) and shared desserts from (my fave) Simply Desserts and Bluebird Ice Cream. Then we hiked up the road to the famous Fremont Troll under the bridge which I had never been to! Isn't she a beaut! (Weirdest piece of "art" I've ever seen, but I can appreciate it because of the fairy tale it matches. I think...)
Adam's hard work all stacked with precision in our garage below.
Our last supper in Seattle was at Tutta Bella. Great Neopolitan pizza, my friends. Great. I could eat that stuff all day.
Goodbye 8513! We have loved you so!
The kids at Seattle airport.
And landed! In SLC! At Liberty Park with Mim and co!!
Sister Twin Heather with a pudgy looking Noah who outgrew his rash guard before he even had a chance to really wear it.
Mom holding Mim's Harper and Dad with a sad Mr. Noah and the Culprit Sienna.
I took this picture at our hotel room in SLC and realized we, mother and daughter, look nothing alike. (Isn't she a beauty, though? It terrifies me to think what that face will do to unsuspecting young gentlemen in years to come.)
With KarieAnn, Hunter and Roger at the Pow Wow. Waiting for Indian tacos that were never to be. So I just had fry bread. Yep, it's just fry bread, people. It needs something on it.
Pow Wow colors.
They are not messing around with these moccasins. $300 folks! Handmade wonders.
The children were a sight in their full costumes. It was a feast for the senses - sound and colors and textures and movement. I can't wait to go again sometime!
Sienna living it up in the backyard at my parents' house. She chucked everything in the universe in that pool. Sorry about your drum and accordion, Mom! (She assured me that she will be buying a new one, no worries, especially because everybody hates it! Haha. Classic Mom.Teaching through torture. )
Speaking of which, she insisted we see the new dinosaur museum in Vernal! It was actually lovely. However, the most uproarious of creatures was not among the ancient ones. Sienna was a PILL that day.
Uncle Owen has been home all summer and we love a good dose of him when we can get it!
My mom always has the cutest aprons. I donned this to make brunch.
Pictures out of order alert! Here are the kids jumping on the tramp with sprinklers and cousins Isabelle and Hunter.
Is there a picture yet that doesn't have Noah crying?
Oh! Here we go! A cuter boy never existed. But he was a little unsure of all that bounciness.
Ah, back to brunch. Not pictured: the panna cotta.
Bird! In cute little her-sized chairs.
Friends Shanna and Kassie plus offspring.
Christy with offspring.
Noah saying his first word: UH OH. CUTEST. THING. EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRR. He even will do it with a growl now if I instigate it, and Sienna and I die laughing every time. His little "O" shape he makes with his tiny mouth. PRICELESS.
And just like that we are in the land of heat, pools, brown, strip malls, chains, wide, new streets, large intersections, cacti, and adobe.
In-N-Out is a beautiful thing. We've been twice already.
Sienna now requests "cheesebuggas."
We enjoyed a full week with Adam home before he had to start work.
And thus it begins. Two years of school over and back to the working life.
He has been in Seattle all week for training and gets home tomorrow.
Tomorrow cannot come soon enough! Because life alone with these 2 all day and all night is .... well, judge for yourself:
No comments:
Post a Comment