Having a little boy is pretty special. Now I think I understand how Adam feels toward Sienna: protective. Maybe it makes more sense for a father to feel protective toward his daughter. Men have been in the "protector" role since the beginning of time. But I feel like I'm more pragmatic with Sienna and more protective with Noah, and it's not because Sienna bullies him constantly. It's because I know that someday he will hold the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Guys have it hard!
They have to put up with women, for one.
They have to be practical about choosing a college degree that makes enough money to support a wife and kids.
They have to be tough (or at least pretend to be).
So, for now, I need to be protective of his space.
And his play time.
Make plenty of time to giggle.
And nibble his cheeks.
And let him jump to his hearts' content.
2 comments:
On my pinterest I have a great article about Moms and Sons. I love it. It has made me realize that I have done so many wrong things by him but now I can do better. I still absolutely love and adore my boy. He is a complicated soul. Most people don't understand him but I get him 100%. Somehow we have to help him handle that weight on his shoulders in the best possible way. I loved reading this post. Your chids are so freakin delicious.
I have a brown-eyed boy too and I have a huge crush on him. Seriously, that boy carries a piece of my heart around and I know this time is fleeting. Too soon he will be carrying the weight of the world, as you say. And he won't want me all the time, like he does now.
ps. you are awesome. And Noah is so handsome!
Post a Comment