Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Snow Day in Seattle

The week of Thanksgiving, it snowed for a couple days and the whole city shut down! It was awesome! Adam and every other person in school around these parts got out for two days. And even when UW was considering holding school the second day instead of cancelling it, their message board got tons of nasty comments from people saying things like, "I care about my education, but I care more about MY LIFE!" Whoa! Talk about dramatic. But, really, it was pretty scary driving around. Tons of ice plus hills is not a good combination. We didn't go out much except to introduce Birdie to the stuff. I consider this her first snow, even though she's seen the stuff in Utah and Colorado last year during the holidays, because this is her first time actually living in it, not just visiting it, you know?

Here she is in her darling little marshmallow parka, hat and mittens taking a walk around the neighborhood.






Could that red little nose and cheeks be any sweeter?



Oops, a little fall.

She thought she'd venture into uncharted territory. Nope, coming back out. Too deep and too cold for tennis shoe wearers.

Tasting it!

Our reflection in a business window.

The view outside our living room window.

My lima bean wreath on the front door.

Snow, come back! I want to see you again in Seattle.

2 comments:

Inez Valentina said...

Fabulous!! Love Sienna's cozy and cute winter outfit. I've never had a snowy winter but this makes me want to experience one!

Monica Lasich said...

cute snow pictures! Congrats on your pregnancy. Why are you a high risk pregnancy, and what is up with your heart? I didn't know about any of this!