Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Things my Baby Girl Can Do that I Can't


Hello all! I'm back for my annual guest post. Here is a short list of things a nine month old baby can do that a fully grown man with a broken clavicle and rib cannot:
  1. Roll over
  2. Crawl
  3. Laugh
  4. Raise both arms above the head
  5. Smile (and mean it)
  6. Get through the day without heavy use of opiate based pain medication
  7. Sleep longer than 3 hours at a time
  8. Sleep comfortably on one's stomach
  9. Sleep comfortably on one's back
  10. Sleep comfortably on one's side
  11. Sleep comfortably
  12. Sleep

Here is a short list of things both a nine month old baby and a fully grown man with a broken clavicle and rib can do with assistance from a beautiful woman in her mid to late twenties:
  1. Eat
  2. Bathe
  3. Dry off
  4. Dress
  5. Brush hair
  6. Get in and out of bed
  7. Get up and down stairs
  8. Get the remote control from the TV stand
Here is a short list of things a fully grown man with a broken clavicle and rib can do that a nine month old baby cannot:
  1. N/A

4 comments:

House of Hullinger said...

I know that it is supposed to take at least 6 weeks to heal but I am hoping for some major miracle that it won't take you that long to heal.

Fig said...

I was wondering about the similarities between your bathroom routines as well. But not really. But kind of.

So sorry. Hope the recovery time flies by - probably with enough opiates it will?

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry that I find myself laughing hysterically at your pain. Stop being so funny when you are so hurt and then I won't have to feel guilty. Hope you are better so-so-soon.

Melody said...

Awwww, so sad and so cute at the same time. Feel better soon, Adam.