Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boy or Girl?

Sienna is mistaken for a boy all the time. I try not to be too sensitive about it. But guess what? I am. Okay? I am. She's a girl. So when she's wearing purple, don't ask if she's a boy. And if she's wearing a yellow dress that you can barely see because she's swaddled, don't ask if she's a boy. And if I dress her in grey, um, just don't try to guess.

11 comments:

Allan said...

First of all, Sienna is OBVIOUSLY a beautiful little girl, and people are dumb. And by people I mean my doctor, who, after examining Merritt's very BOY parts, starts referring to him as a HER. "Him," I correct, "oh yes, him..." and then 7 seconds later he's a she again. Come on!! Just because I am an insignificant part of your day and income, doesn't mean that you can disregard the gender of my child!!
And ps, did I ever tell you how much fun I had seeing you guys?! Loved it. Love you.
-not Allan

Shanna said...

lol! I know exactly how you feel! I was at the store when Zayne was a baby and he is dressed from head to toe in blue and some lady tells me my little girl is just adorable. Seriously people! Look a little closer! Sienna is a beautiful little girl!!!

Maddox and Kobe...are cuter than all your grandkids combined said...

Please somehow put the mute symbol on this slideshow your horrible taste in music is confusing the admirers of the lil girl. Luckily, as an O.C. girl she will not be choosing your pop/country as a viable sound. Thanks. She looks adorable and ready to blow out in some of those pics.

House of Hullinger said...

People did that all the time with Hunter. One lady even said "Most babies you can't tell but she even looks like a girl! You are so lucky!" I then responded with "His name is Hunter and HE'S a BOY! I loved making people feel dumb about it. He was dressed in blue and was in a blue blanket for crying out loud!!!! Just start pointing out her outfits like "Have you ever seen a boy in Purple before?"

Aves said...

SIENNA is darling, she doesn't come close to looking like a boy. People just have no common sense. If I were a mom, I'm sure I'd feel the same way you do. But for the record, as far as little baby girls go, they just don't get much cuter than Sienna :)

Inez Valentina said...

AHHH these pictures are just TOO cute. Too cute!! Sienna looks quite stunning in that yellow dress.
- Inez

Heather E. said...

Is that one of the old yellow dresses mom wore? Those pictures are classic. She really does love her little hands in front of her like that. I love that I know her so well now.

LivingstonClan said...

You just need to ALWAYS have one of those ginormous bows on her head, then there will be no mistaking it. :) People make a lot of comments that make you wonder if their brain is attatched to their mouth, seriously. She is SUCH a DOLL!

Mandyyyyyy said...

oh my gosh she has gotten so much bigger then when I saw her last. They change so much! Cute!

Isaak and Jackie said...

yes a very cute girl. Sorry about my mom :(. It was fun to see you I can't believe how much stuff you did while in Roosevelt and UT awesome.

Natalie said...

I think there is no hope! My boys were constantly mistaken for girls. They could be wearing blue clothes covered in sports paraphernalia and people would still say - what a lovely little girl. It's the same people who now ask me if I have twins. The lesson is - most people are just dumb and oblivious. (Oh, and Sienna looks just like I remember my baby brother - but in a softened feminine kind of way!)